Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my tranny messed up internally

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is my tranny messed up internally

I have been having a problem with my built trans and converter. I have a yank ss4000 which I had checked out under warrenty and they said it was fine and I cant get it to brake stall above 2400 rpm. The thing is slow out of the whole I got the tune checked and it seems to be fine. The car is alot stronger from a roll its just out the hole its slow doesnt even spin tires. What could it be.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:08 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you still have cat's? I'm woundering if there is a restriction there. When did this problem start? Any codes?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

I dont have any cats the car burned up the tires before I got the trans built. Im not throwing any codes and I had tuners look at it and they said its most likely mechanical. Is there anything in the tranny that could cause it to be not be fast out the hole. Im thinking something internally is wrong I was even thinking of buying a stock tranny to see if fixes the problem. The problem seemed to start after I put in the built trans and the converter. I know its not the converter as I sent it back had it checked out and there was no problem.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RamAir02TA77
I have been having a problem with my built trans and converter. I have a yank ss4000 which I had checked out under warrenty and they said it was fine and I cant get it to brake stall above 2400 rpm. The thing is slow out of the whole I got the tune checked and it seems to be fine. The car is alot stronger from a roll its just out the hole its slow doesnt even spin tires. What could it be.
What kind of fluid are you using? I am having similar problems with mine slipping in 3rd gear. The research I've done so far tells me to use type F fluid and the clutches will grab alot better. It should 60' alot better. I'm not saying this is the problem, just saying to look at it as a possibility...
Old 06-04-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

I using regular dextron 3 non-synthtic. The tranny guy told me I should use synthetic next time. The tranny shifts fine it just starts slow like on a launch and it should brake stall to atleast 3000 as my old 3500 in my stock tranny went to 2800 then it started spinning the tires where as this one just holds 2400 rpm and doesnt do anything. I could sit there all day at 2400 it wont even turn the tires. I Just wonder if anything in there could be built wrong.