Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle Racing out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 07:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Agreed there are advanatges to both , small companies can generally give better prices and in the ideal situtation they can give better one on one service , where larger compaines are in many cases more reliable overall , As for us we are some where between is our goal while we are a large company with multi shops which gives us the the staying power we also have separated our techincal assistance and from production so you allways get a person when you call who has the time to answer your questions ,We are working to be the exception to both rules .
and offer the best prices and customer service with staying power .
Performabuilt
Old 09-13-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well ****. Good thing if this stall ever goes the tranny's gettin swapped for a TH400. Good luck to those w/out their converters.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that sucks! Owners of Fuddle and Rock On in the Hospital at the same time...I hope "hospital" doesn't mean "almost out of business". I got my trans from Rock On while Dave "was in the hospital", it took Forever but I am happy with the transmission!
Old 09-13-2006, 02:10 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get a new huyandi with a 20 year / 200,000 mile warranty....anyone want to bet if the company will be in business 20 years from now????

Pay a little more and get a PI or a Yank.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** i hope fuddle is still around...i bought a converter a few months ago (maybe 1-3k on my car) and my converter quit locking up. i called a him a couple weeks ago and told him and he said he will send me a new one and i still havent gotten it i should have went with yank or vig...by time i get done screwing aroud with this **** i will have 800 or so into it already...thats if i get my new converter from fuddle if that is still the name...oh and also i just called fuddle and left a message and instead of his recorder say "this is john from fudlle" like it used to it just says "this is john"
Old 09-14-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SDB
You can get a new huyandi with a 20 year / 200,000 mile warranty....anyone want to bet if the company will be in business 20 years from now????

Pay a little more and get a PI or a Yank.
hyundai will still be around, they would be slling as well as Honda and will have their own luxury brand as well by then. But that's besides the point. I guess i was a lucky one. I ordered a fuddle from Jonh and he gave me an estimated time. And the converter was at my door a few days before that. He was friendly and getting home on the phone was a pain a few times, but when he did get on, he gave a plus service. If he did fold and is making this up, then that really sucks.m My fuddle is great and i have no problems with it. But i will switch if I need to.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Import Patrol

Sucks to hear about this. It is some of the reason why I went with yank. They have been around for a long time, get great results. And don't seem to be going anywhere any time soon.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigman
I guess i was a lucky one. I ordered a fuddle from Jonh and he gave me an estimated time. And the converter was at my door a few days before that. He was friendly and getting home on the phone was a pain a few times, but when he did get on, he gave a plus service.
yeah i think i was also lucky, only took about 3 days for me to get mine...
Old 09-14-2006, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

recieved shipping adress end of aug and they recieved my converterand money order last tuesday
Old 09-14-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

My Fuddle was great... until last weekend when it let go driving down the highway. just lost all driveline power. that was with the Cruise control on 70mph.. car started to shake. I gave it gas and there was no power going to the trans.

I bought mine well before the problems but because of the current state of Fuddle I've decided to dump the converter completely and get a Vig 3600 instead along with the trans gone through. I may give a call or email to Fuddle to see if I can get at least a new converter from them but I'm not holding my breath.

Great converter until it let go.. Car ran 12.68@104 with it with the mods in the sig on an MT DR. I'll get to drive the car now with the Vig instead and see how that compares.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

alot of guys used to bust ***** about getting a tci converter when you can get a fuddle for cheaper.

where are they now?
ive heard about more problems regurading fuddle than tci and tci is still in business.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4mula
alot of guys used to bust ***** about getting a tci converter when you can get a fuddle for cheaper.

where are they now?
ive heard about more problems regurading fuddle than tci and tci is still in business.
eh, my "fuddle" has been great, so im sticking with it.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 4mula

where are they now?
i feel the same way. "you get what you pay for" ALWAYS holds true. always. if it's cheap, there's a reason why. i just hope everyone out there that has a fuddle converter has one that holds up well since it looks like there's no longer a warranty.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm just amazed by the number of "I told you so" posts in here.

And you get what you pay for doesn't always hold true. Go ahead and march blindly to that brand name drummer.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought about buying a Fuddle for the price, but my installer insisted on a Yank or Vig......glad I listened to him. I really hope both Fuddle and Rock On make it through the tough times, but it don't look good.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by todddchi

And you get what you pay for doesn't always hold true. Go ahead and march blindly to that brand name drummer.
i can't think of many instances when that phrase doesn't hold true. unless something is on sale making it cheaper than the "store brand", i can't think of many instances at all.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

update
recieved e-mail yesterday that they are not going under and my converter will be shipped out on monday
Old 09-17-2006, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

I remember reading about Fuddle a few months back, and they seemed to be doing pretty well. Kind of odd all of a sudden you're seeing miss after miss in converter reliability and quality.

I think I'd still maybe choose them over say B&M!!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by todddchi

At least the name brand drummer gives you SOMETHING for your money. God damn thats funny.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by phildo
He charged my card for a new converter and now no converter and no response!
Just call your CC company and have the charge cancelled. That's why I always use CCs, you get a lot of protection.