Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t400 shifter options??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimmy that is a good question.

I like the ratchet shifters, but dont want the cut up look that comes with them being under the console and having spaces around them where you can see down in the console.

I wonder if anyone has tried spacing the ratchet shifters up like Dan did his and trim the console to fit the shifter. I like how his shifter has a nice finished look.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the only problem with the shifter boot is that with the shifter being "rectangular" in shape, and the boot is "square", it may not work. If someone has a shifter boot laying around, give it a try.

Andy
Old 09-24-2006, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
Nice. Thanks for the reply. I am going to swap in a TH400 at some point. I'm doing a lot of research now before I "bite the bullet" and begin modding.

I've never operated a cheetah scs shifter. How does the 1-2-3 shift action work?

Andy
The SCS shifter I have is a reverse pattern, you can get it in regular forward pattern also.

The 1-2-3 pattern goes like this: 1rst is in the middle of the shifter. When you go from 1rst to 2nd there is a gate you hit, so you just pull back till you hit the gate. Then from 2nd to 3rd, you pull the shift handle slightly to the left into the next gate and just pull down to 3rd. I really like how it works, I think it's one of the best shifter for drag racing IMO. I didn't want a ratchet because I hate pulling the handle 5 times to go from park to 1rst. Before I bought, I talked to alot of drag racers and the top two shifters mentioned were the SCS and the hurst quarter stick so that narrowed it down to those two for me. Since my Bro swore by the SCS, I went that route and have no regrets.

Dan
Old 09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DanZ28
The SCS shifter I have is a reverse pattern, you can get it in regular forward pattern also.

The 1-2-3 pattern goes like this: 1rst is in the middle of the shifter. When you go from 1rst to 2nd there is a gate you hit, so you just pull back till you hit the gate. Then from 2nd to 3rd, you pull the shift handle slightly to the left into the next gate and just pull down to 3rd. I really like how it works, I think it's one of the best shifter for drag racing IMO. I didn't want a ratchet because I hate pulling the handle 5 times to go from park to 1rst. Before I bought, I talked to alot of drag racers and the top two shifters mentioned were the SCS and the hurst quarter stick so that narrowed it down to those two for me. Since my Bro swore by the SCS, I went that route and have no regrets.

Dan
Seriously, that is a good job on the install. I've been trying to make my Cheatah work with my M6 console and it just aint happening.

I'm going to do what you did and get the auto console. Thanks for the pics!!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 408WS6
Seriously, that is a good job on the install. I've been trying to make my Cheatah work with my M6 console and it just aint happening.

I'm going to do what you did and get the auto console. Thanks for the pics!!
No problem .

I started with the M6 console to but didn't like the big gapeing hole there or where I had to put the shifter because it was up to far forward and to close to the heater/AC controls.

Dan

Quick Reply: t400 shifter options??