Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever had a problem with a yank?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, at least my converter issue is a little more clear now. thanks yank. I guess i was just lucky to get as many miles and 1/4 passes that I have. I'm anxious to see what my new one will hold up! Yank, check your PM's
Old 09-27-2006, 01:59 AM
11 Second Club

I had a bad SS4000 stall. The shaft the goes into the pump housing was too short and blew my whole tranny up. I sent the converter back because it cracked the whole input housing on the converter. They didnt do **** for me but make me pay to put a new one on. It was funny too. I ordered a whole new SS4000 and when I got it I set the two side by side the the messed up one was about half an inch shorter. But of course..."Sounds like it was installed incorrectly". Hmm, ive installed alot of converters and have had no problems and installed the new Yank converter the exact same with no issues.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

{ had a bad SS4000 stall. The shaft the goes into the pump housing was too short and blew my whole tranny up. I sent the converter back because it cracked the whole input housing on the converter. They didnt do **** for me but make me pay to put a new one on. It was funny too. I ordered a whole new SS4000 and when I got it I set the two side by side the the messed up one was about half an inch shorter. }

Sorry I do not remember this!
but 1/2" is the difference between the LT-1 And LS-1 converter what model was it and did you buy it new or used and how long ago was it so I can check the files PM me the info about invoice # ect.
at 1/2" short the pump will not turn to drive the transmission?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Yank
here Is a response we got on customer that switched to Yank from Edge

http://www.converter.cc/testimonials...sh/patgish.htm
Just wanted to let you guys know that I am IN NO WAY saying anything bad about yank converters. There are plenty of fast B-Bodys with yank converters, The Bolt On Terror included.