Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission help

I just got finished installing a cam in my car tonight. I'm not sure what has happened with the stall/shift points. My stall doesn't seem to want to lock up anymore and I punched it from a roll and the car hit redline three times and didnt want to shift. I put the stall in just about 2 months ago. All my mods are listed in my sig. Any ideas?
Old 10-15-2006, 07:15 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1BlackBird99
I just got finished installing a cam in my car tonight. I'm not sure what has happened with the stall/shift points. My stall doesn't seem to want to lock up anymore and I punched it from a roll and the car hit redline three times and didnt want to shift. I put the stall in just about 2 months ago. All my mods are listed in my sig. Any ideas?
You will probably have to have your car retuned. With the cam you are now making added horsepower which will effect your stall speed rpm's allong with your shift points. You might also be getting some engine missfires which will effect the tcc operation of your tc. My advise is to get a tune before you damage anything. Vince
Old 10-15-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
You will probably have to have your car retuned. With the cam you are now making added horsepower which will effect your stall speed rpm's allong with your shift points. You might also be getting some engine missfires which will effect the tcc operation of your tc. My advise is to get a tune before you damage anything. Vince
That could make sense but the converter stopped locking up about a week ago. It would lock every once in a while this past week but not evertime like it was supposed to and today it hasn't locked up once. It shifts 1-3 gears perfectly fine when just cruising. I'm definitely getting the car tuned tomorrow or the next day but wasn't sure about the tranny.