Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Transmission Mount

Hi I need a Transmission mount for my 99 A4 TA and the dealership wants way too much for one and I don't want a poly one because i'm keeping stock motor mounts and I don't want the vibrations the the poly mount gives I also tried both advance and autozone and neither had anything for a 99 but I asked autozone to check for a 93 lt1 firebird and they had some for a 93 but I heard that ls1 cars had harder rubber compound than lt1's so my question is should I just get an lt1 transmission mount or ask for other year ls1 fbody transmission mounts.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are 50$ at the dealership. trump up the coin, don't know what else to say. ****, costs more than that to change the OIL in my junker

i use a stocker with window weld (made by 3m- for putting in windshields, it is pure polyurethane). fill that bitch up with polyurethane and go around the outside alot, basically make it a block of poly..- let it cure for a couple days and slap it in. a little more vibrations than a stocker but bulletproof and not even close to the amount of vibrations as a poly one.. havn't broken one yet, and broke 2 stockers in a very short time.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've paid about $22 at my dealership. Shop around different dealers.

correction... I just checked GM parts direct and they say 52... my dealer must have screwed up somehow? I do get a business discount but I doubt it's half price.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info from what I heard and thought they were closer to $100 do they still make the 1le ones if so does anyone know a part number to one of those because I would rather have an 1le mount. Thanks again.