Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lockup or Non-Lockup? Hear My Story! (Mild)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:40 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lockup or Non-Lockup? Hear My Story! (Mild)

Okey guys,

This is a short little story about my builder and his tranny guy VS Me and the Ls1tech.com sponsors.

Last year i had my trany rebuilt in the summer with a new 3200 stall(700R4) and i took it to my builder who took it to his trany guy and so on........

So this year comes along, ive got a mean *** 396ci in the works, after 5 months of looking around for a converter for the setup, i chose FUDDLE.

So now we are at the stage of putting the tranny and converter in the car, we do and when we throw it in gear the car falls flat on its face. I was confused on why it would do that and so was my builder. I called fuddle and Jon sent me a Brand Spanking new stall and said he would help on install.

Today I get a call and my builder asks me "Is the Stall Non-Lockup or Lockup?" At that point i tell him i dont know, we hang up and i then go ape ****, i realize that something is up and i have no idea what the hell it is.

When I get home from University my new fuddle is sitting on my doorstep, im super excited and happy its finaly all coming to and end with waiting on my car, i call jon and thank him for his speedy and kick *** service. I also ask him about Non-lockup or lockup, we got pretty into it and i started to understand the whole concept, and then started to get weary about why my builder would ask about it.

So I call my builder and everythig becomes clear.

The tranny that was built last year was built Non-Lockup and had a small *** stall. I didnt even know!!!!!

So the first fuddle converter i recived, didnt break, it was a Lockup Converter going in a non-lockup tranny.

So after calling my builder and trany guy, with both of them telling me that non-lockup is the way to go and arguing with them for an hour. I decided to call some other people. PERFORMABUILT and FLP, both the guys there cleared everything about streetabilty and lockup issues with me.

So after all that crap, i called my builder back and asked him to put lockup back in the trans, he was pissed, but im sure it is the right decision.

Long story short, I had a rough day.

Tony.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry you had a bad day but glad I was of some assistance

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-06-2006, 06:49 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Sir.

Thank You!