Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solve My 2-3 Shift Problem And I will Send You $50

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
No ****. You bought 2 new transmissions for a 5 minute fix. Glad its fixed Bill. Lets see how mine is. Hopefully the new trans solves the problem if it ever gets here. UPS still can't find where they put it over a week and a half ago.

I guess Collins gets your fity.

for the record, he only bought one new transmision. or
Old 11-18-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 67 tempest

Originally Posted by CollinsAutomotive
thats easy. the shift MPH is overulling the Shift RPM. You are always better setting MPH lower then the intended shift RPM as once the MPH is reached logic wise the PCM will wiat to shift then trans until the RPM come to the shift point. What is the shift timming table and shift pressure like ?

You could have a gear ratio error and the MPH is OVeruling the RPM values. Do you have the table data handy ?
I think the first post nailed it. It just did nat state the cause or error in tire size.

Last edited by mullenh; 11-18-2006 at 05:19 PM. Reason: ad
Old 12-03-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill'sWS6
I have left the tuners name out of this because I want to give them a chance to make it right. I know people make mistakes. It's all in how you are treated after the mistake happens.

I paid not only the $$$$$ for the tune. I also paid for a trans I didn't need. I have had tons of people asking who tuned this. I just want my money back for the tune. I will just have to live with the fact that I have a trans that I didn't need.

No threat but if I don't get taken care of the tuners name will be realeased. I think that is only fair!

Thanks for everyones input.

Oh yea, as a bonus the tuner put the wrong sized tire in the tune. So, the list of the tuners mistakes look like the following so far (See File Attached):

2. 3-2 down shift set higher than 2-3 up shift.

That was what has been discoved so far.

Thanks,

Bill
My 3-2 downshift was set higher than my 2-3 too. My tranny not only went south it took some hard parts with it. I am new to tuning, but do know more than the average Joe about cars. I sure am glad that I bought tuning software, and don't have to rely on someone. The person that tuned my car is good in the engine area and must not know much about trannies. Tune was cheap at the time, but now I realize the consequences of cheap... I have about $600 in parts and still have a couple more to get and had to park the car for the season.