Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Transmission Rebuilt, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 Transmission Rebuilt, now what?

I searched the forums a bit but couldn't find any specific information about if there were any precautions that I'm suppose to take after getting my transmission rebuilt.

Am I not suppose to go over a certain RPM over the course of a a couple hundred miles? Am I suppose to take it easy on the throttle?

Also, when my transmission changes from 1st to 2nd gear and 2nd to 3rd gear, it doesn't feel as smooth as it did before. Is this normal? Will this go away once the transmission is properly broken in?

Also, when my transmission changes into a different gear, the next gear starts off at a very low RPM and my car doesn't feel like its properly accelerating. After about 1/2 throttle, it will downshift and go back into the previous gear into the low RPM.

Are these symptoms normal for a newly rebuilt transmisson? What precautions should I take to properly break in my newly rebuilt transmission?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:27 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried contacting the builder to see what his thoughts are? Was a shift kit installed on this tranny that could be different than the last tranny?