Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 5 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stage 5 4L60E

What all components are used in the build of a stage 5 build. Clutches, planetaries, sun shell, shift kit, boost valve, pump, etc.?

What kind of power levels does a stage 5 survive under with a good cooler and how long should it be expected to survive with 550 RWHP/TQ?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:20 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a good question but needs to be asked to who you are looking to purchase a unit from. Alot of companies will tell you what it takes to make the sale. This is IMO a very broad statement and there are alot of issues with the unit's them selfs, the vehicle that they are in, how they are treated, the quality of parts, tuning, vehicle setup's and so on. I will not lie to you because this question is asked by people all the time at FLT. We build per the application and will only sell you what we feel is going to hold up or have seen hold up. I would rather not sell a trans if it is just not right. There are alot of cases that the customer is on a budget and I can understand that. But we feel that being up front with people is the best approach. We do have level 5 builds in 500rwhp trucks and level 5 builds in 700rwhp+ cars but once again the issues as I stated above all come into play here. I hope this helps you with your question. If you want to know what parts we use feel free to click the link in my sig to find a list of them. We do add a few other things but we do not advertise them because it is part of our standard build. Feel free to give Chuck a call if you have questions on our build sheet. Vince
Old 12-15-2006, 08:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi we don't have a level 5 we only have a level 1-2-3 but the parts and ratings for each are in great detail on our homepage for each unit of course as with everyone there are some things beyond those that are not listed since there is considerably more to making these units work in high power situations than parts ,
Our level two should do well in your car,
if you have any questions feel free to call

Call 888-744-6542