Sponsored by:

Firm 2-3 shift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 06:51 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boodyrider
This is true, but do you HAVE to blow your own horn constantly? The tech was great and useful, and I do realize you're really only here to sell product... but you know, if you'd leave it at tech comments, I might assume you were too busy building great transmissions to respond constantly to every single trans thread numerous times... which makes me wonder why you have so much time on your hands.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Actually I'm here because I enjoy being here and actually As most know here I do not build the transmissions, Design and research yes but build no, I built transmissions for 20 years, My present job with this company is not building transmissions but tech support and sales for our products and to make sure we give the best customer support available.
I don't consider what I do blowing my horn, I provide information to everyone that ask for it whether its concerning our product or not.Even when theres not a sale poteintial involved.
Why do I have so much time because this is my job to be right here for everyone 7 days a week from 9 am till 1 am eastern time and beyond, We are not a small company and for this reason I do not have to divide my time between building and customer service . And will continue to be able to do that. I am here to serve this community to the best of my ability and I feel I do. Whenever you or anyone else needs assistance all they have to do is post up or call and im right here. For us thats what customer service is all about being here when we are needed not just when or if we have time.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-13-2007, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoa whoa whoa... i dont care if every post says "we have the best transmissions buy from us" as long as i get a decent tech tip out of it...

see this **** just doest make sense, if a sponsor on here is so busy they cant respond on the forum you hate on them, and if they are here all the time you hate on them...

performabuilt i guess you just cant please everyone, and vince you're one to talk...
Old 01-13-2007, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

People getting their panties all in a bunch...i like performabuilt cause they seem to help all they can....If i had a business then i would want to advertise aswell....IF my tranny every goes (knock on wood) performabuilt seems like the first company i would look too, aside from my current local builder......If anything it seems FLT comes in and tries to put down or show off infront of performabuilt all the time.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Its ok I think people are not used to a company like us in that we don't have our builders and shop techs running back and fourth trying to do tech and help customers between building transmissions, In stead we keep them back there with only one thing on there mind making sure every things as perfect as possible not that theres anything wrong with other ways of doing business we are just doing it a new and different way is all.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

i'm just glad we can speak directly to the companies in such an open environment...
Old 01-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Launching!

I thought this thread was for the 2-3 shift? But anyway I read a thread last week about trans oil Long story short, I drained the Amsoil synthetic trans fluid out,Which is very good oil and I put in regular Dex III in (non synthetic) and I also read somewhere on LS1 tech,Actually it was Frank from performabuilt who said If I remember,That if you drag race,Start with the shift lever in 3rd and when it hits 2nd push the shift lever to OD,I had logged rpm with EFILive before I did any of this.This is what happened when left in 3rd, When it was suppose to shift from 2nd to 3rd the rpm's went up 400 to 600rpm's then go into 3rd,Thats probably why alot of guy's are hitting the limiter.Then with different oil and movivg the shift lever to OD it only went up a 100 rpm's and shifted real nice .I don't know maybe its just me,But it worked..........................Paul
Old 01-13-2007, 08:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yes thats because you aren't applying the overun clutch with the 3-4 clutch that way so you have more pressure and volume for the shift to apply the 3-4 clutch.
cool glad it worked out well that way.

Call 888-744-6542