Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Shifting Softer

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mach2004
Check the fluid level. It's too low. DON'T go WOT with it being too low. You WILL smoke the transmission. It's OK to run it a little overfilled, not OK to run it underfilled.
Rob
Not trying to hijack, but I hope I did not ruin my tranny since I noticed my late-shifting issues (6 months ago) at WOT, not PT shifts. My tranny fluid is still bright reddish-pink and does not smell burnt, so I think I'm still ok.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

checked the fluid today. red as kool aid and the fluid level when in park at operating temperatures was about centimeter after the full hole. looked good to me.

the trans is starting to shift a little better. perhaps the new driveshaft was very tight and needed to be broken in and settle into the car a little. i'm starting to feel a little better about this.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes in my truck which has a 700r4 and my car built 4l60e that sometimes the shifts are firmer and sometimes there softer. I also noticed that with my buddys built 4l60e car. I never really thought much about it although I do prefer the firm 1-2 shift. I never really noticed a difference in firmness with my car at WOT though.