Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREAT transmission :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up GREAT transmission :)

I just want to say I love my Performance Built trans! I find it disturbing people questioning them without cause:
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496740

Performance Built customers unite. hahaha.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It just makes CPT look bad for bashing other vendors...let alone creating a post with the sole purpose of doing just that. Looks like it backfired on him anyway!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the most classless post I have ever seen from a vendor..
Old 01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

oh boy.. haha i was wondering when that thread would leak out to other forums. I think that was one of my better posts on there... Now ill just sick back now that this is out and ill wait and see what happens
Old 01-18-2007, 04:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for the positive post GOFAST But we are not concerned with our competitors issues with us our concern is only with being the best and serving our customers and everyone else to the best of our ability. We don't get involved in cat fights as everyone knows. We respect our competitors and and we watch and learn from them both good and bad, You will never see PerformaBuilt trash,criticize or otherwise attack our competitors as we be leave that is a poor business practice. We would rather spend our time serving you.
Thanks again and I'm glad you like your trans.
Besides as and added benefit our website traffic went up several hundred percent since than post we are well on our way to having a record day!

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 01-18-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have their level 2 4l60e that I'm putting behind my LS7 that should be close to 600hp crank. I've talked with Frank at length about this application and he assures me that it shouldn't be a problem. If this holds true I'll be a big fan and let eveyone know about it.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Frank (CPT) is a stand up guy. He went the wrong way with asking questions and finishing the way he did, but he builds a good trans and will stand behind it. He has a small operation and he goes out of his way to make the customer happy. A few months back I had my trans break a hardened 4L65E output shaft and it tore into some busings and what not in the trans and he went back through it. It was close to my 1 year warranty and Frank had fixed me back up for free. I think it's a good thing that he wants to find out more about his competition, but going about it the way he did in comparing prices is another thing. I havent had experience with Performabuilt but if they were around sooner they could have been a viable option for a comparable trans such as I got from Frank. Performabuilt also seems to have great customer service and thats very important. I'm grateful for the help that Performabuilt gives on these open forums because it helps all of us. Niether Frank nor Performabuilt would steer us the wrong way or cheat us out of a quality product. We know both companies will deliver and do so at a reasonable price. And thats what makes them both great.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've heard nothing but positive comments about CPT, everyone can have a bad day and it shouldn't reflect on their overall body of work.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

i agree that everyone has a bad day and that it doesnt reflect on their work.. but it is pretty unprofessional to handle a bad day like that am i wrong? I dont mean to bash but its just not professional. He did however apologize which is good to see
Old 01-18-2007, 09:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well we don't bash on anyone and yes I agree everyone has a bad day and anyone can make a poor choice of words as I be leave happened in this case , The post by them was not well thought out and its always a bad idea to break down prices like that, We have broken them down and over all we are competitive with them only our prices are bit more up front. We have no beef with them and did not take any great insult from it. Each I guess has a different way of doing business, We look forward to giving that forum the same service and advise we have given here and will continue to.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Well we don't bash on anyone and yes I agree everyone has a bad day and anyone can make a poor choice of words as I be leave happened in this case , The post by them was not well thought out and its always a bad idea to break down prices like that, We have broken them down and over all we are competitive with them only our prices are bit more up front. We have no beef with them and did not take any great insult from it. Each I guess has a different way of doing business, We look forward to giving that forum the same service and advise we have given here and will continue to.
i'll give you credit, even when people are taking shots, you never have a bad thing to say. i've seen posts that actually made me upset for you where people were saying things that weren't respectful at all, but you never had a bad thing to say back. i wish i could do that. i'd get into less trouble around here it's good to have you aboard. you've been nothing but pleasant in this forum and you've been easily one of the most helpful board members of all of LS1tech, all forums considered.

EDIT - just read that guy's post. what a douchebag WHHYYYYY would you say something like that? does he have any idea how many sales that cost him? what an ***. i mean really, is he stupid? he's a tranny builder. he should know it's not just parts that makes a good transmission. it's case modification, feed hole drilling, warranty and customer service that make a good transmission. if a transmission is $200 more at one competitor than the other and use all the same parts, but the more expensive competitor has a warranty that's twice as long, much better customer service and modifications to the actual transmission itself geared to maximize lubrication and driveability, wouldn't that make it worth the extra $200? all the best parts in the world aren't going to hold up as well if they're starved for lubrication and handled with less care.

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 01-18-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

I've heard some conflicting issues with PB about their "past" and soforth, but I'll let their current feedback speak for themselves.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks choco we do our best, and honestly im way to busy to spend much time arguing with anyone. I am here as a support mechanism to PerformaBuilt along with other forums. I don't even decided which forums we are on. I do have some input though and its been a pleasure to be on this one and I think it was a good choice. They hired me full time to do just this and I do my best and try to be professional at all times.We as a company are growing daily in this theater and this company is new to the internet side of the business but overall I think we are doing pretty well. We are doing business in a very different way and it seems to be working I don't know of any company that has people full time for tech support only. We see no reason to lash out attack or defamation anyone. It serves no purpose. Plus there are actually rules in place in our company prohibiting it. When someone says anything derogatory I have to immediately forward it to my superiors and they say how to handle it if anything needs to be done at all. Like that post I saw it forwarded it and was told to say nothing and watch it. On corporate level we have to handle things a little differently than smaller companies do and advisers have set in place the way our company must conduct itself .
Personally though I would rather everyone get along theres plenty of room for everyone here and we can all learn from each other.

Call 888-744-6542