Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converter Problems?

What are some of the symptoms people here have had when their stall started to give out?

I'm not having consistent problems yet, but I want to get a better idea of what to look for. It seems when i'm coming off the highway and everything is warmed up well and it is downshifting, i'm getting symptoms as if something were slipping.

Twice now I have come of the highway and got on to the access road and coasted to a lower speed, to about 2 gear, and hit the gas and saw the speedo just drop to almost zero and start to fluctuate up and down even though I still hear the engine reving.

1st time I came to a complete stop and gave it gas and it finally caught and went fine. Second time I kept my foot on the gas and it finally caught and kept going.

I don't think it's my clutches slipping. When I am doing short distances in just regular stop and go traffic, or after a cold start all gears shift firmly and consistently. It just seems to happen after I have done some distance (hwy driving) at higher speeds. I also am wondering if maybe a fluid issue?

One other thing I noticed in case this helps, it seems to take a lot longer for it to shift into 4th. Car has 3.42 gears so the speedo is off and I know I need my shift points set but it seems to really rev high before finally dropping into that gear only.

Any ideas appreciated.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump.............anyone?
Old 01-22-2007, 02:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well first I would check the fuild level since that is at first look kind of what it sounds like

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-22-2007, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might be a VSS problem if you are still moving and the speedo drops to nothing. Kinda thinking maybe its causing a limp mode. Take a look at the VSS connector to make sure its clean and connected. Keep us updated.

Mec