anyone?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last time i checked, no one makes a rmvb for a 4l80e yet
Old 08-09-2009, 11:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

You the best of my knowledge No one makes a RMVB for the 80e at this time.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-09-2009, 11:59 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or at least one that works!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TCI is supposed to have one out now. As far as I know, they are the only RVMB. You can get a FMVB though.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened to TCI P/N 274500? The instructions are posted on the TCI site. Has anyone actually run one yet?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran one and here is what i am going through....

i recently pulled my trinity kit out and rebuilt the whole transmission. i went with everything the best again and installed the 274500 tci RMVB kit. i recieved the kit and installed it with seperator plate to case gasket and when it came time to run it the thing was locked in 1st gear only. i removed valve body and pulled gasket out and installed just how the kit came and had same symptom, i then pulled valvebody and installed case gasket and valve body to seperator plate gasket and still had locked in 1st, i then removed the transmission to double check everything and keep in mind this is far from the first transmission i ever have done. i then went completely back through it to verify clearances and actually had my friend which has done his fair share of transmissions alongside to double check me again. rotating mass internal wise the tranmission checks out 100%. so i sent valvebody to tci for repair and they claimed it was due to a gasket that i installed on the valvebody to seperator plate, i clearly explained that i tried with and without gaskets and had all same symptom. but i recieved the valvebody and installed the way it is "supposed to be" and now i have 1st 2nd and 3rd but no fourth and still no reverse, and yes this is the kit you need to engage brake noids in N or R in order to achieve reverse. i have pressure checked everything on the case with valvebody off and band does apply and all other clutch packs apply from case side. whats amazing is how their repair this time made me achieve 2 more gears, i am lost for what to do and dont have the patience or time to **** with removing and isntalling 3 more times which is just enough time for my warranty to run out on valvebody and for me to waste all money on transmission fluid..274500 valve body still not working. i recently had my valvebody returned by you guys and i still have no reverse. i ordered it and installed it only to find out i had only 1st gear and was locked in 1st. i shipped it back for repair and now recieved it back after hearing that it was due to a gasket installed by me on the valve body, which i installed that after i had locked in 1st. so i recently got it back from repair and now has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but remains not to have 4th gear or reverse. please give me something to work with here as i have now paid 60.00 in shipping and still have a inoperative valvebody. my last RA #7210 under keaton molleker.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading the above post I think you should avoid TCI's valve body until they get the kinks out.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

i actaully called tci and offered them to either repay me for the valvebody, plus do a labor claim on valvebody pulls that have been 4 times, and all fluid that has been wasted in process, or the option to keep what i have paid and i will pay freight to them for shipping my whole transmission to them. and yes this transmission has a little over 10,000.00 in it. kinda pisses me off. sad to say but i had problems with my trinity kit but AT LEAST it worked all the way from the start and progressively got worse. this TCI 274500 setup has been nothing but a headache from the beginning. either was i wont gie up on this. i have this car sold and the buyer invested money already in it and being a full time mechanic i am not getting fucked over on this. they can either pay for the fuckup or figure it out with transmission in person. what really pisses me off is how they claim it was fucked from me installing a valvebody gasket. but in reality i installed that after the thing was installed the way instructions showed. so they blamed install error on me and thats ow they get out of their shipping and reimbursement.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Good god man, $10,000 in a 4L80E? What all did you put in that thing if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

hardened intermediate and input shafts, cryogenic hardened case and output shaft, 5 pinion planetary sets, extra tall 36 element sprag with direct drum to match, custom built variable vane 3500 stall converter, new pump, alto red eagle power packs throughout the complete transmission. extra wide reverse band, extra deep aluminum 8 qt pan, and this TCI 274500 thats about ready to cause all that money to be wasted, a transmission can only handle so much fucked up **** on a valvebody before it tears up other ****
Old 11-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are also having the same trouble with the TCI RPFMVB 274500 same exact symptoms sent it back. Hopefully they can straighten it out. Thank God customer is very patient and is working with us so we are going back to the Rosler 4L80E trans brake never had no trouble with them. The only reason we switched is because we wanted to try a rev pattern. We have customers asking for that. Let me know if you find the problem like I said the exact same symptoms.We put in a different valve body transmission worked perfect.

Last edited by maddoglou454; 11-15-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

4L80E Transbrakes.

I have tried almost every 4L80E transbrake on the market.

Trinity (junk), CKPerformance, Rossler, and TCI.

The TCI we dealt with came in on a broken unit (inferior quality billet input shaft). I studied the circuit design and because of my study we elected not to use it.

All of the transbrakes we used had issues. My frustration dealing with these valve bodies and their vendors resulted in our own design.

It began as an attempt to correct the other vendors designs. Trying to determine why they either didn't work, didn't work correctly, caused clutch failure, shifted slow, didn't shift, or released slow.

In the end I just started from scratch and figured out a design of my own. Then due to customer requests I developed our D3 brake so the transbrake can be operated in any forward gear.

I don't really want to divulge any technical aspects but I will say that the further you get away from the GM design, the more likely you are to have issues.
GM designed it as a forward pattern. So reversing the pattern brings on some challenges.
IMO, the only GOOD way to make a reverse pattern 4L80E transbrake will be a cleansheet design based off of a billet aluminum VB.

Reverse pattern VB's are required in the case of a TH400 to use an external solenoid to achieve transbrake off of the modulator circuit, but there is no real benefit to the reversed pattern.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default TCI warranty

so i contacted TCI today. and they said i have to go through race mart that i purchased it from and then they can deal with the warranty, i told them i would take the refund price of what racemart buys it from them. lol. i am tired of the headache. and they are being very hard to deal with. my friend was going to purchase a few things. but after this experience i may not do business with them again. kinda pissing me off
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

installed jakes performance manual low kit with thier box and HANDS DOWN the best functioning ALSO their email tech support seemed to be 24/7. i will definietly use these guys again not only for the great products but out of everyone out there they definietely know that it takes after hours tech support to make a business last. these guys are there for the long haul and i hope they expand more in parts to offer

Quick Reply: where to get rmvb for a 4l8oe