Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E sheild or blanket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E sheild or blanket?

I understand NHRA requires a trans sheild on autos running 10.99 or quicker. Does anyone know if the 4L60E family of trannies ever had a sheild manufactured for them? I know they seem to be made for TH350, TH400, etc.
Why are there none made for the 700R4 or 4L60E?

I have exhausted the search function on this site and get ZERO hits on sheilds or blankets for these trannies. What have folks been doing at tech around the country if they look under a 10 sec 4L60E car and find no sheild?

I'm knocking on the door of 10.99 up here at 2250 elevation, and if I lived down where some guys live (sea level or lower) I would aready be well into the tens. I have a TCI s.f.i. flexplate, and an ATI s.f.i. damper, as well as all the other S.F.I. items in my car to make it legal to 10.00. Just kind wondering why nobody seems to make tranny sheilds for the OD trannies. Anyone?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

CSR makes one.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mark AJB
CSR makes one.
Thanks, I will try to look them up via Googlle.

BTW, it looks like you have hit the tens, do you race at any NHRA events?
If so, how far up your *** have the tech guys gotten about a trans sheild if at all? Or maybe you already have one?

I really don't know how picky they will get about it out here at our track, I doubt if they would say much until I got down into mid tens or quicker, but you never know.

Edit:
Just in case you were wondeing, my car is a full weight slug with all factory options still in it including A/C. Race weight is around 3790. . .
Even as pudgy as it is, I pull the wheells about a foot and run 1.52 60' times.

Last edited by ChevyGoldfinger; 04-02-2007 at 09:22 PM.