Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any track results with TCI Max effort converters?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any track results with TCI Max effort converters?

Well i jump the Yank ship to try a new TCI max effort converter. If i can't get what i want ET wise then i'll go back to the Yank line and try something new.

Anyone got some solid 60fts and MPH readings over other converters or some locked vs. unlocked dyno numbers?

This is my 7th converter in the car and may not be the last hahaha! I'm a converter ***** monger
Old 04-15-2007, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
Well i jump the Yank ship to try a new TCI max effort converter. If i can't get what i want ET wise then i'll go back to the Yank line and try something new.

Anyone got some solid 60fts and MPH readings over other converters or some locked vs. unlocked dyno numbers?

This is my 7th converter in the car and may not be the last hahaha! I'm a converter ***** monger
best of luck, I know I couldn't make it to the track with my TCI Max Effort due to it trying to take my trans out within a few days... Garbage.. another friend in Texas wasn't so lucky, he paid 2k+ for his trans after 2 weeks.. after talking to Trevor at Texas Speed where I bought it he said he was feuding with them to get refunds for numerous guys that have blown them up in short time and he wasn't happy... Needless to say I bought the Porsche of TC's and haven't been disappointed so far.. Good Luck
Old 04-15-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

I have had mine in for over a 1000 miles with no issues,in fact it drives better than my yank did but i needed to know this in case something stupid starts to happen.

I'm calling kevin at TCI first thing tomorrow to talk to him about this issue.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Kevin,from TCI,spoke to me today and told me that the converters that were bad were not setup with billet internals. He told me that mine would be fine and that if i had an issue,as you,i would have already seen it!?

Guess we will see what happens unless i come in to some extra cash and pick up a used Yank somewhere.