Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Bands

Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Bands

what all is involved with replacing a band in the transmission. How much (on average) does it cost for the part, and how hard is it to actully replace?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The band can vary from 7 to 75 dollars or more depending on retail or wholesale pricing . Replacing it involve removel of valve body and pump. Though with some effort it is possible to replace it while only removing the pump/filter and lockup solenoid.
However if the band is burned you will need to inspect the reverse input drum.for surface damage and heat warp, Also if this is newe rebuild you will want to try and figure out why the band burned to start with. or if it broke make sure there are no loose peices. What makes you think the band is bad?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the tranny is totally normal under normal driving but when you floor it, it just revs. The seller of the car (a buddys brother) said that its the band. Im not sure what exactly is wrong with it, im just trying to find out what would be involved if it was that. Its a stock, original trans with 85k on it. Im not sure exactly what is causing it. (I know my way around cars, and could more than likely do it on my own as long as it isnt too in-depth)

Search this Thread