Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3-4 accumulator, is this normal? pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 3-4 accumulator, is this normal? pics

well as some know i took my transmission from a trans shop that was trying to rip me off, they put it back together and im going through it myself to make sure they put it back together right

i bought the 4l60e dvd from technical videos and when taking off the 3-4 accumulator it showed just a purple spring and a metal piston

taking mine off, i found a platic piston with 2 springs behind it in the piece that comes off. and on the part thats in the transmission was the metal piston with the rod through it, but no purple spring

here are some pics

everything in these pictures is what came out of the transmission in the accumulator part

is this normal?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

second acum one at bottom is correct , The od accum the one in the case is the way I do it except the piston itself was upside down but that really would not have hurt anything

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-19-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
second acum one at bottom is correct , The od accum the one in the case is the way I do it except the piston itself was upside down but that really would not have hurt anything

soo the plastic part was upside down? am i missing a spring that goes inbetween the 2 acumulators
Old 06-19-2007, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 1/2 accumulator (the one that unbolts) from the factory is set up with an inner and outer spring which go into the body first then the piston (cupped side in ) goes in last .The 4th accumulator(the one in the case) was normally in cupped side up with the spring in last but would work either way .
the seperator plate goes between the accumulators !!!
I also recomend replacing the plastic piston with an aluminum one if you can !!! John
Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What vehicle is your 4L60 from? Not all models use a spring in the 3-4 accum position (example: V8 F-car, Corvette, L4 S Trucks).

The composite 1-2 accum piston was introduced in the 1999 MY.

Quick Reply: 3-4 accumulator, is this normal? pics