Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another ss3600 TCC Lock-up ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I wonder why Yank never responds to this stuff theirselves...
I can only guess because they consider it a tuning or trans issue and not a converter issue, I imagine they do have someone who watches though.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-26-2007, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good Question!

I'll call them when I get a chance and ask them myself, I know them to be good folks. I would bet that it is a matter of them being pretty darned busy!

g
Old 06-26-2007, 05:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I heard there in the middle of moving right now too.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Good Question!

I'll call them when I get a chance and ask them myself, I know them to be good folks. I would bet that it is a matter of them being pretty darned busy!

g

I know they are pretty busy and all but really, I would like to hear something from them as how to troubleshoot and resolve a problem with THEIR product, luckily, I havent had any issues out of my Yank, I dont have many miles on it yet either but, if I do, I'd rather hear how to solve the problem from the people who built it.... just my .02 I guess...
Old 06-26-2007, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nikon1999
New issue though, the car was bucking, banging and making some horrid drivetrain noise w/lock-up in 3rd/4th..so i shut off lock-up in 3rd and just did 4th gear @ 40mph and up...still can feel it, especially when off the gas. My TCC Duty tables are 100/90 already...

Any ideas/thoughts ???
It's hard to say without driving the car, but this sounds like the TCC release speeds are set too low compared to the TCC Apply speeds. Try raising the TCC Release speeds above the TCC Apply speeds in the lower TPS values from 0-37 TPS%. I know this is opposite of how the stock tables are setup, but the stock settings are pretty much worthless when dealing with a big TC. I would also guess your TCC Apply mphs are set too low in the same TPS range. It took a while to get mine right.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

I could think of several reasons....

1. This question has been asked a 1000X before, and still it's not a stickie Infact, I bet something on the order of 99 times out of 100. It's not the new converter lock up itself but the miss fires that it helps cause by reducing rotational mass..... or lock up set to low (mile an hour) and or TPS % set to low...

2. Their busy moving.

3. By answering this post your keeping the tread up top that basically says yours converters at fault (not good business to put that back up at the top again)....When it should have read..."No lock up with new converter, help."

Normally, Yank is very helpfull and they almost always respond to PM's....Same thing with all here except one company........

Quick Reply: Yet another ss3600 TCC Lock-up ISSUE