Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Not Put Tc On Flexplate First!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Do Not Put Tc On Flexplate First!!!!

Learn from my mistakes. Follow the correct procedures when reinstalling a trans. They are listed several times on this forum. READ THEM!

Important I could not get the pump out without removing the bellhousing

1. The bellhousing to trans bolts are TORX TP50's. THe TP stands for Torx Plus. Do not use a T50. It will strip out the torx head. Snapon has one but is extremely high ($25-35 depending on salesman). Search the "net, there are several available for under $10. I do not know their quality. One part number I found is OTC6191, SK has one, and there are several others.
2. Use heat as described in other threads. Even with the right socket and an impact wrench I still had to cur the heads off with a circular cutter.

Live and learn!

I have pictures of the damage to the pump but can't get them to upload. Let me know and I will send them.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah not a good idea not likea manual trans lol where you put the clutch on first
Old 06-28-2007, 02:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry you had a hard learn there. It happens more than you may know. We include complete instalation instuctions with ours and it still happens. But again sorry for your missfortune

Originally Posted by fgcox1
Learn from my mistakes. Follow the correct procedures when reinstalling a trans. They are listed several times on this forum. READ THEM!

Important I could not get the pump out without removing the bellhousing

1. The bellhousing to trans bolts are TORX TP50's. THe TP stands for Torx Plus. Do not use a T50. It will strip out the torx head. Snapon has one but is extremely high ($25-35 depending on salesman). Search the "net, there are several available for under $10. I do not know their quality. One part number I found is OTC6191, SK has one, and there are several others.
2. Use heat as described in other threads. Even with the right socket and an impact wrench I still had to cur the heads off with a circular cutter.

Live and learn!

I have pictures of the damage to the pump but can't get them to upload. Let me know and I will send them.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-28-2007, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah my dad tried to tell me thats the way you done it when I was like 14 or so.....one of the very few times I called him stupid....Who told you to do that....there is several different slines that have to line up.....you are a man because I would not have told anyone i had done that.....sorry about the damage.....