Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new torque converter and when put in reverse sounds like its bout to die

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new torque converter and when put in reverse sounds like its bout to die

so i got my trans rebuilt new torque converter, new shift kit. an over haul kit new sungear shell and sungears ect ect. just a complete rebuild. new selenoids ect. ok. so i get my car back and i put it into reverse and doesnt move. im sure it's due to the 2500 stall torque converter then i give it some gas.. then it sounds like my car is like a carburated car and sounds like its not gettin enough gas or something. but it is fine in drive is this normal? any input will help thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does reverse engage.. can you feel it engage and see the engine rpm's change?

I wonder if the builder put a long valve body to case screw in the center rear position... that will interfere with the sunshell and cause a no reverse condition. Maybe not though as it has forward gears right? Did the builder not drive it? You said you "got it back" and it is like that... what did the builder have to say about these symptoms.

A new converter should not affect the tranny to the point where it will not have reverse. Further... a 2500 rpm stall converter is not that much larger than stock and should not need much a tuning adjustment... if any at all.

Get with your builder and let us know what he says.

g
Old 07-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Teching In

The idle rpm might need some adjustment??? I had to adjust mine and make it a little higher than stock when I put my convertor in...although I have a 3400 stall.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:12 PM

it does engage.. i mean it works i suppose.. but it just seems like my car is a carurated car... and just in reverse.. i think he said it had something to do w/ the stall coverter