Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Routing trans pressure gauge line

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Routing trans pressure gauge line

So...I picked up a transmission pressure gauge today, and I need to route the line from the pressure port into the interior of the car, so I can see it easily while I'm driving. Has anybody else done this and are there any factory openings in the floor to use? It's a rubber line so it has to be routed carefully to avoid

I'll see what I can see when I do this (probably Friday) but generally somebody here has a useful tip or two.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, should I teflon tape the brass fittings or no?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Dave,

When we install our pressure gauge we use a heat resistant sleeve that we picked up from a hose supply company...slide it over the hose under the car... we remove the pressure port plug, install the adaptor fitting... no need for tape as it is temporary, and then route the hose under the car towards the drivers side using plastic tie straps attached the undercarriage in such a manner as there is enough slack so that it will not rub the exhaust and be snagged while driving.

Then, it gets tricky.... there is no easy way to manage the gauge while driving as it is looped over the door with the window down.... there has to be an easier way, but that's how we do it. Keep in mind we use it for a short period of time, not considered a long term installation at all.

g
Old 07-18-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks again for the help Gil. Turns out I won't be installing the gauge after all. It (unlock lock unlock buck) was bad enough on the way home tonight that I'm parking it until I can get it into the tranny shop. I'll probably have the stock converter put back in along with another trans probably.