Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No O.D.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No O.D.

I just put in a new seperator plate(4L60E),Tightened the 2-4 band.Now I have no OD,Could I have forgotten to plug one of the solenoids in or if the 2-4 band is to tight would that cause it?I'm dropping the pan in a few.It shifted fine before,Just want to get some input in case I don't see anything....................Paul
Old 07-21-2007, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you tighten up the band?

Also, ensure that you installed the checkballs into their proper locations.

Not likely an electrical issue as you have not mentioned limp-in symptoms nor the MIL lamp being illuminated.

Why did you replace the valve body seperator plate?

And one ore thing..... where in the heck is Hudson Valley?

g
Old 07-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
How did you tighten up the band?

Also, ensure that you installed the checkballs into their proper locations.

Not likely an electrical issue as you have not mentioned limp-in symptoms nor the MIL lamp being illuminated.

Why did you replace the valve body seperator plate?

And one ore thing..... where in the heck is Hudson Valley?

g
It shifted 2,3 and the TC locked,Just no OD.The checkballs were starting to wear through the original plate and I also was having a WOT 1-2 shift problem so I figured I would freshen up a few things because I dragrace it..I also put an extra washer in the 1-2 accumulator.I put all the check ***** in.The clutch plates are pretty new so it has to be something I did,Just can't figure it out.I put a weld on the tip of the pin and grounded it nice and smoothed,I added about .040.Well I checked the band it has about a 1/16 of an inch play and all the wires are hooked up.Oh and The Hudson Valley is in NY about an hour south of Albany ....................Paul
Old 07-21-2007, 02:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

No it could not be a solenoid as you have the other gears. As was said misplaced or missing check ball. Also damage servo seals in particular the center teflon ring if a corvette servo come to mind or of course the obvious teflon ring on the OD servo.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by performabuilt
No it could not be a solenoid as you have the other gears. As was said misplaced or missing check ball. Also damage servo seals in particular the center teflon ring if a corvette servo come to mind or of course the obvious teflon ring on the OD servo.
I did take the servo apart and put new O rings and the split teflon seal.I have the super servo, I think its called and the sonnax servo or that could be the name of both,Don't remember.I'll drop the valve body again and check the ***** ......................Paul
Old 07-21-2007, 03:14 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you use the sonnax 4th servo? If so did you install the gold washer on the pin? This washer is about the size of a quarter. If you did not install it I believe this is your problem. Vince
Old 07-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Did you use the sonnax 4th servo? If so did you install the gold washer on the pin? This washer is about the size of a quarter. If you did not install it I believe this is your problem. Vince
I think it is the sonnex servo.The OD was working fine until I changed the seperator plate.So tomorrow I'm going to put back the original plate and see what happens.I took it all a part and everything seems fine.And about the servo,There's the pin a spring a flat washer,This washer is thin and about the size of a half dollar,Then a C clip then the rest of the servo.Thanks................Paul
Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Are you sure that you have replaced the separator plate with a comparable plate. Meaning is it correct for the same year as the trans that you are working on? I think that maybe one of two things have happened. It is possible that the feed hole for the 4th gear feed hole might be blocked by the gasket. Or maybe you rolled it over when you installed the valve body and created a leak. You also did mention in an earlier post that you were having an issue with a 1-2 shift. You could be having a band issue as well. I guess we will have to see what you find.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

With the sonnax servo there should be a gold washer between the servo and the clip , Theres one under the clip to but its black metalic. The gold washer must be there between sonnax servo and the clip on the pin.

Originally Posted by DRIVER456
I think it is the sonnex servo.The OD was working fine until I changed the seperator plate.So tomorrow I'm going to put back the original plate and see what happens.I took it all a part and everything seems fine.And about the servo,There's the pin a spring a flat washer,This washer is thin and about the size of a half dollar,Then a C clip then the rest of the servo.Thanks................Paul

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Are you sure that you have replaced the separator plate with a comparable plate. Meaning is it correct for the same year as the trans that you are working on? I think that maybe one of two things have happened. It is possible that the feed hole for the 4th gear feed hole might be blocked by the gasket. Or maybe you rolled it over when you installed the valve body and created a leak. You also did mention in an earlier post that you were having an issue with a 1-2 shift. You could be having a band issue as well. I guess we will have to see what you find.
I put the plates on top of each other and all the holes matched,Unless I missed one.The 1-2 shift problem was at WOT and after about the 4th run down the 1/4 mile......................Paul
Old 07-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Launching!

With the sonnax servo there should be a gold washer between the servo and the clip , Theres one under the clip to but its black metalic. The gold washer must be there between sonnax servo and the clip on the pin.
The black metalic one is there but no gold washer.Do you have a picture of this washer and exactly where it goes.I'll check back tomorrow,I'm going to bed.Thanks guy's...............Paul
Old 07-21-2007, 10:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Unfortunatly no but it is a slightly larger diamter than the black washer but not quite as thick and it goes on the band pinon top o the E clip then the sonnax 4th servo goes in right after, It comes with the sonnax servo.

The black metalic one is there but no gold washer.Do you have a picture of this washer and exactly where it goes...............Paul

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-21-2007, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok lied found a pic now if i can just post it

Washer shown goes against the servo

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-22-2007, 12:36 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Boy that picture looks familiar. Just make sure that you do not put it on your site like a couple others that I have seen. But yes that is where it goes.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

NO WORRIES FOUND IT IN THE YAHOO IMAGE SEARCH
LOL

Boy that picture looks familiar. Just make sure that you do not put it on your site like a couple others that I have seen. But yes that is where it goes.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Launching!

Ok lied found a pic now if i can just post it

Washer shown goes against the servo
Yes thats the servo I have,But That washer is not there.When I took it off the first time I don't recall seeing a washer,Maybe I dropped it. I don't know.But I will put a washer there and try it before I drop the pan again.I just read that you can take out the 4th acummulater piston & spring and plug the feed hole,The feed hole,Is that that pin hole brass looking thing thats in there.Is that a good idea or no?.SO THE WASHER GOES AFTER THE C-CLIP THEN PUT ON THE SERVO RIGHT?.....Thanks again..........Paul

Last edited by DRIVER456; 07-22-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:01 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Yes thats the servo I have,But That washer is not there.When I took it off the first time I don't recall seeing a washer,Maybe I dropped it. I don't know.But I will put a washer there and try it before I drop the pan again.I just read that you can take out the 4th acummulater piston & spring and plug the feed hole,The feed hole,Is that that pin hole brass looking thing thats in there.Is that a good idea or no?.SO THE WASHER GOES AFTER THE C-CLIP THEN PUT ON THE SERVO RIGHT?.....Thanks again..........Paul
If the info that you received about blocking the accumulator wants you to block a feed hole, I believe that they are talking about blocking the feed in the case. The 3-4 accumulator is in the rear of the case, located in the pan area on the drivers side. I have heard of guy's blocking the bleed in the 2-3 accumulator circuit. This is located in the servo area and this might be the brass plug with the pin hole that they are talking about. I do not do this in my builds and I do not believe that it is the solution to your problem. Check for the washer that I originally posted about if all is good there then reread my posts and follow accordingly. I believe you will find it. Also another thing came to mind. In the trans-go kit they give you a purple spring that is installed into the valve body. I have seen guy's install it into the wrong bore, basically 1 bore off, and block the 3-4 shift valve if I remember correctly. Might be something to look at as well.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Launching!

BINGO!! We have a winner.Look what I found on my work bench.I reread the posts and it is Vince.THANK YOU!! Have to say thanks to Frank too.I put that washer in and I have the car on jacks and went through the gears and I felt it bump into OD.I'll take it for a ride and post back.Man can't believe it was something so simple.And I'm not touching anything else if this works,No plugging holes or leaving anything out.Thank you everybody for you help.........Paul
Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Gald you found it and hopefully solved your issue

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Alright I have OD!! It was that washer.Thanks Vince and everybody that helped .I would have never thought it was that washer,Holy crap.That washer must have not been there before because when I shifted into OD it would go in,Rev alittle,Then go into OD.Now it goes right into gear ........Thanks again...............Paul

Quick Reply: No O.D.