Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 02:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans going?

Well I have a 2000 auto ss and I think my trans is going. Im fairly new to moding and such, but I guess I can get my way around as long as things are explained... I did my ls6 intake manifold swap myself with no problem and didnt even break the oil pressure sending unit . Well I pulled up to a mustang at a red light and he just took off when it turned green so naturally i did the same and right when my car was probably going into like 3rd it slamms to the rev limiter and im like holy **** let off the gas and it pops into gear it seemed. So driving down the road later on from stop and goes I notice the car is revving pretty high around 35 - 45 mph... could my trans be going on me . All i have is full exhaust and the ls6 intake manifold swap didnt think that would beable to rip it apart :/.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:38 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess the question is how many miles do you have on your transmission? Also what is the fluid condition and is it full? It sounds like you might possibly be having a 3-4 clutch failure. Feel free to take a look at our web page and give me a call during buisness hours if you have any questions. Vince
Old 08-04-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 49,600 miles on the car and transmission. Fluid looks good. Bought the car almost 3 months ago. When I test drove it everything felt fine, but who knows probably pushed it to its limit or something... I have no idea if the guy that had it before took torque management off or anything since he deleted the o2 codes and egr.