Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help With Transmission!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Need Help With Transmission!!!

I Bought A 95 Z28 About 2 Months Ago. It Has Exhaust Intake And Some Sort Of Two Speed Trans. Well The Trans Went Out Today Be For I Could Take It To A Transmission Shop.

So First Of All Has Anybody Ever Herd Of A Two Speed Auto Transmission. Any Information Would Be Helpful

And Second What Would Be A Good Trans To Replace It With.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if its a 2 speed it would be a powerglide and a good trans to replace it with would be a 4l60e the original 4 speed
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 08-05-2007, 07:53 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depending on your cars HP ratings and what was done with it via engine mods, the two speed that you have can be built to be a very strong trans. I have seen those transmissions in very fast cars and a very well built one can cost as much as $5000. What is done to the motor on that car other than what you have posted and is this a RACE car? It sounds like it for it to have a glide in it. I can fix that trans if you would like. Vince