Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700r4 no shift at W.O.T

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700r4 no shift at W.O.T

Well my car has never been shifting at w.o.t. from 2-3 and so on. 1st to 2nd is pretty good. I got the transmission rebuilt (not because of no shift) just becasue the whole thing pretty much blew. I expected that the shift at w.o.t. problem would be fixed but its not. I asked the guy who rebuilt it and he told me to buy this

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Has anyone ever used that B&M Recalibration kit? Do you guys think it will fix my problem?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:09 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not shifting at all into WOT?

The governor springs are to adjust shift points from what I understand.

I would think that the WOT shift might have something to do with the TV cable.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it works the same as the 727 my old ram had, it could be not enough line pressure. It would NEVER shift 1-2 at more than 90% throttle. Not sure if it works the same way though.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

you may need to look at the adustment of the TV cable which controls the throttle pressure which in turn controls the downshifting of the trans (fighting against governor pressure) it is possible that you may need the recal kit for the governor if the governor is not outputting enough pressure to overcome the throttle valve and cause an upshift...first look at the TV cable adjustment
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by performabuilt2
you may need to look at the adustment of the TV cable which controls the throttle pressure which in turn controls the downshifting of the trans (fighting against governor pressure) it is possible that you may need the recal kit for the governor if the governor is not outputting enough pressure to overcome the throttle valve and cause an upshift...first look at the TV cable adjustment
+1 just installed a 700r4 a couple of months ago in a car...had the same problem...it's the TV cable! it needs to be pulled out more, then the trans will shift just fine!

Quick Reply: 700r4 no shift at W.O.T