Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 and B&M Pro-Stick Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 and B&M Pro-Stick Shifter

I already have a gutted car and a Pro-Stick shifter, I want to know if I can use this shifter with the 4L60e.
-Do I need the 4spd gate or can I just use the 3spd gate and not get to 1st gear.

-this is just for visual, I do not plan on shifting the car manually, just have these parts sitting here wondering if it will work.

Anyone done this and able to give me some tips?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Resident

Yes it will work with the 3 speed gate plate. I did it for awhile after installing the shifter. You will not be able to access first gear obviously but you knew that.
The 4 speed gate plate will let you use all 4 gears. Gate plate swaps out in like 15 minutes.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by revtime
Yes it will work with the 3 speed gate plate. I did it for awhile after installing the shifter. You will not be able to access first gear obviously but you knew that.
The 4 speed gate plate will let you use all 4 gears. Gate plate swaps out in like 15 minutes.
How did you get the cable to work on the trans? Anything special or is it obvious?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 AM
TECH Resident

The shifter comes with a new bracket (several actually for different applications) you bolt it on and adjust the cable according to the instructions.

If you don't have the bracket or the instructions you can probably get them from B&M or maybe Jegs has em.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by revtime
The shifter comes with a new bracket (several actually for different applications) you bolt it on and adjust the cable according to the instructions.

If you don't have the bracket or the instructions you can probably get them from B&M or maybe Jegs has em.
It's that easy, cool. I have set them up on A3s so it's good.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:48 AM
TECH Resident

I drove around with the crappy stock shifter for years because I was afraid to install a shifter that was not made for my car and transmission. Once I got in there and figured out how easy it was I was kickin myself for not doing it years sooner.
Oh well live and learn.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Teching In

i put a b&m shifter in my car.. looks way better than that crappy piece of work gm put in the bird.. my problem was that even with the four speed gate i could not get park.. the pro stick ratchet doesnt have enough throw no matter what what bracket i used.. i took it to performance shop to see if they could help... advice i got was make sure the e brake works, hahahahaha it does.. i would rather have my bad *** shifter than park any day... wanna see pics... giveme your email ill send you some.. i used the m6 console way better than some hack job on the a4 console....