Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting issue's

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shifting issue's

I have a built 4l60e from a sponsor on this site, It is hitting the rev limiter between the one two shift. Shift is set at 6800 and limiter is set at 7100. It wasn't doing this at first but last time at the track it is doing this. I am running nitrous and the car makes approx 560+ at the wheels. The shift feels like it is hesitating between every shift, It is getting to the shift point and then hesitating before it shifts. Builder thinks it may be a pressure control solenoid or a tune problem, can anybody help. Car has been tuned just the way it is right now.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Thats only 300 rpm from command to actual shift thats cutting it really close particulary on NOS with the RPM rising quicker, I would lower the shift point or raise the rev limiter? If the shifts feel fine just under WOT , Generally I like to see 400 to 500 rpm differential between command and shift on the 1-2 and 500 to 700 on the 2-3 Just what I have gathered from customers and note I have made. While electronics are instant mechanical/ hydraulics are not.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-16-2007, 09:48 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was your car tuned while on the nitrous? If not that is your problem. As mentioned above nitrous makes things happen very fast when the trans shifts. This is probably a tuning issue if the trans is working fine off of the nitrous. Vince
Old 09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO the car on just motor hesitates before it shifts and once in a while hits the rev limiter, It just started doing this, the car was tuned in April and was fine all summer until just recently. The tune shouldn't change should it?
Old 09-16-2007, 01:32 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would probably drop the pan and do a visual inspection for clutch material. If you have not changed anything and all was well until recently, you might have an internal problem. If you drop the pan and see a black film, you are having a band failure. You could try a new pcs or increase the pressure with your current one but that to me is a band aid so to speak. To answer your question the tune can not change itself. Vince