Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stall kills the Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stall kills the Speedo

not sure if any other Trailblazer SS guys have made it here to ask for help but here i go......

the TBSS's have a 4L70E....the issue is when you put a stall converter into the trucks that FLASHES from the line over about 2800 the speedo does not work until you slow down to about 80 mph......

many have fought this fight and many including me have lost......the LS1TECH.com knowledge base may be able to help use solve this pesky gremlin....

the SSR's share the exact setup and chasis with a minor chasis chop but all in all it is the same setup including ecm/tcm series and OS.....i do not know if this is a TBSS only issue or if the SSR guys have the same problem....

the converter i am using DOES have the internal gear setup to match to the speed sensor gear on the 70E input shaft....JUST FOR CALRITY....

PLEASE HELP.....
Old 09-19-2007, 06:32 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem is due to the input speed sensor. I have talked to a couple of guy's that are tuners specific to those vehicles and they said that they are working on it. I have not heard that have solved it yet but you might want to look at a couple of the TBSS forums. Also might want to talk to the tuners of those forums or even try to post this in the tuning section of this forum. Vince
Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks vince....i am 1 of the more active members on several tbss forums just looking to expand my research and hit all the LSX gm tech resources.....and my builder/tuner admperfomrance.com (Andy) has been in the TBSS world from day one in late '05

i'll try in the tuning section......

pat