Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running a 200R4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 11:22 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone running a 200R4?

Just curious and wanted to get a little feedback on this particular tranny. What stall and gear are you running with it? How does it hold up at the track? How streetable is it? Are they strong the way they are or do the need upgraded internals? How do they compare to a 4L60E? What needs to be done to put one in a 2000 Camaro SS with a 6-speed? I plan to convert, so I will need everything to do the swap, what all does that consist of? Im trying to figure out what tranny I want to use first. Any suggestions? What did the 200R4s originally come in? Are they reliable? Where can I buy one? The car is a daily driver and hardly ever sees the track. I want to take it more often as soon as I get an auto. Maybe once or twice out of the month is what I mean when I say more often. I want the tranny to be very streetable but will do excellent at the track with no problems. Thanks
Old 06-09-2003, 11:35 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone running a 200R4?

I have one in my 1996 Impala SS that weighs 4350 lbs with me in it! IT runs low 11's.. I murdered 5 4l60es went with Mike Kurtz 200r4 conversion haven looked back yet.

Call Century Performance Trans in Richmond Tx Ask for Mike you wont be sorry...
Old 06-09-2003, 11:50 AM
9 Second Club NA

Does the conversion kit come with everything to bolt right up to an LS1? The car doesnt have an auto in there right now, so I take it that Im going to need more than I would if I had an auto in there now. Is the 200R4 that youre running having upgraded internals, or is it a stock tranny? I hear that they are strong trannys, but are they strong the way they are or when theyre built? How streetable is the 200R4? Is there a certain PCM that I will need to run the 200R4 or any auto PCM will work? I have a 2000 Camaro SS with an M6 and looking into doing a conversion. Have any idea what all I will need to do so? Does Century have the trannys too or just the conversion kit? Do they make the kit for an LS1? Thanks
Old 06-10-2003, 03:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does the conversion kit come with everything to bolt right up to an LS1? The car doesnt have an auto in there right now, so I take it that Im going to need more than I would if I had an auto in there now. Is the 200R4 that youre running having upgraded internals, or is it a stock tranny? I hear that they are strong trannys, but are they strong the way they are or when theyre built? How streetable is the 200R4? Is there a certain PCM that I will need to run the 200R4 or any auto PCM will work? I have a 2000 Camaro SS with an M6 and looking into doing a conversion. Have any idea what all I will need to do so? Does Century have the trannys too or just the conversion kit? Do they make the kit for an LS1? Thanks
i have a conversion i bought from a guy on this board that was a Yank conversion(rebuilt for obvious reasons ).you wont need to change your pcm. the only tricks you need to do is the 2.2k ohm resistor in the skip shift and also the reverse lock out(same resistor size)what do you need for the conversion?
tranny
shifter
driveshaft
adapter plate
converter
tranny cooler
crossmember
plate to cover exsisting shifter hole
and an 8-10 hour day installing it
as mentioned i have the Yank kit. my tranny is a manual valvebody so i dont need a tv cable. if you go with an automatic valvebody, you will need that. i have a tcs 4400 converter in mine with 4.56 gears in the rear(stock 10 bolt ). the car has absolutely nothing in it(3125 raceweight)and i drive it just about everyday
Old 06-10-2003, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Weatherguy is running a 200R4 in his car behind a MTI 422 with NOS.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:14 PM
!Dial-up Director

Whats the contact info for mike kurtz? I might be interested in this.

Justin
Old 06-10-2003, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Texas Speed and Performance was working on a kit for the 200-4r. the tranny was built by Mike Kurtz. give them a call

Quick Reply: Anyone running a 200R4?