Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what trans

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what trans

ok im torn between flt and performabuilt. this is a real touchy issue for me on the 4l60e because i was screwed over before by rockon on a 4l60e.
i want to know the pros and cons of both compaines so any input would be apricated. i knda want the vacumme modulation but dont know wich way to go.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got the performabuilt level 2. If you have any questions, frank from performabuilt is always online and you can chat with him just about any time of day. I friggin missed their sale by 2 weeks but its all good... Like i said he is litterally online all the time and would gladly answer all your questions.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a Performabuilt trans and converter and I am totally satisfied with it. From what I read on here and other places/people, I dont think you would be disappointed with either company. I went with Performabuilt because they could take care of the install and were close-by. I think both companys have great products and have great customer service. It sounds like you have it narrowed down to two of the best; FLT or Performabuilt ***.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote FLT...especially after my experience there last week. They've been around for ages and have proven themselves time and time again. When I was at their shop last week picking up my tranny, I saw a unit that was in for a refresh/upgrade. This unit was ~4 years old on a truck that was making ~650 horsepower. The inside looked immaculate even after all that use. I know I'm not a tranny expert and don't know what I'm looking for, but for comparison sake, they tore my tranny apart for me on the spot and mine looked nasty inside. I'd only had it in for a year. That right there gave me the fuzziest feeling....knowing that that much use and time and their unit still looked so good. With their current sale, it's the perfect time to buy. Vince is the man....PM him and run the best tranny on the market!

Check out this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/800809-flt-takes-wow-factor-lot-pics.html