Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 bolt 3 channel abs installing in a 4 channel car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 bolt 3 channel abs installing in a 4 channel car?

Getting ready to put a 12 bolt in the car (10 bolt is already out)but I'm having 2nd thoughts the 12 bolt is a 3 channel abs setup the car is a 4 channel system. I first thought about using a block plate on the rearend housing where the 3 channel bolts in and deleting the abs. I also thought about getting the wiring harness for the 3 channel system and using it. Will either one of these work or is there a lot more involved with changing one from a 4 to a 3 channel?

The reason for all of this is I bought the 12 bolt for a hell of a deal.
Just hope I can get it to work.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:01 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 12 bolt 3 channel abs installing in a 4 channel car?

You can just pull the ABS and TCS fuse under the hood and the bulbs from the dash and be done with it -or-
use your old backing plates (drilled for the sensors) and get the ABS rings pressed on the axles. You will need new bearings though if they are pressed on, I have never been able to get them off w/o destrying them. You will also need to plug the hole in the top of the housing (stock sensor works great), I'm sure someone has an old sensor laying around to put in there. That may offset the money you saved though, unless you got it super cheap...

Its a different system between a tcs/abs and abs car, so you cant just plug in one sensor, maybe if you replaces the ABS module and harness..
Old 06-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Teching In

That's great news. I'm taking the axles in Friday to have new bearings pressed on anyway. I'll take the stock axles with me and have the rings put on the also. Will the abs ring fit on moser 33 axles ok?

Old 06-11-2003, 04:33 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Not sure if the stock rings will fit the moser axles, the ones that were on mine looked like the inside diameter was a lot smaller and the were shaped a little different then the ones on my stock axles. may want to give moser a call..

Old 06-22-2003, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Does anybody have a pic of the exciter rings pressed on the axle? My 12 bolt was supposed to come with them pressed on but I really don't know what I'm looking for. A pic or if somebody could describe what they look like would really help me out. Thanks in advance.

Steve
Old 06-23-2003, 11:59 PM
kp
8 Second Club

dont have a pic but the rings are right inside where the wheel bolts on, its a round silver ring with a bunch of teeth - if you pushed one of the wheel studs out it would hit the ring - its right there..