Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help. Converter wont lock...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. What an ordeal.

Does that shop have a scanner? If so get your hands on it and go for a ride! That would be the easiest and most simple way to determine if lock up is being commanded. Hmmm, did anyone drive it after the install? If so did they have a scanner on it?

Hang in there... it'll come around soon enough.

g
Old 11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not that kind of a shop, and if they put my torque arm on upside down what makes you think they know how the trans (performance trans no less with a 3,800 stall) is supose to act. lol Like i said i had to sit there in the shop and watch what they were doing and tell them specifically what i wanted done. Most places just know the stock stuff and dont deal with aftermarket things like converters,flexplates, tuning for a new converter etc unless its a performance shop that works on these cars every day. When i had my other converters installed (years ago, had 3 different ones in it) and i said i just want them to drop the trans and swap the converter they asked why and had no clue as to what a higher stall/str would actually do and this was 3 different trans places.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BubaGumpShrimp
not that kind of a shop, and if they put my torque arm on upside down what makes you think they know how the trans (performance trans no less with a 3,800 stall) is supose to act. lol
LOL... good point. I suppose a scanner is asking too much of these guys, my bad.

When i had my other converters installed (years ago, had 3 different ones in it) and i said i just want them to drop the trans and swap the converter they asked why and had no clue as to what a higher stall/str would actually do and this was 3 different trans places.
Lovely.

g
Old 11-26-2007, 09:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

This is why many times I would rather walk the individual through checks and test than them have one at a shop. Some of these shops I have dealt with amaze me.I actually had a shop call me once not even a customer and they actually didnt know that having the speedo not working would cause a 4l60e to not shift and theyargued wth me about it and it was a trans shop so lol

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-28-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

found that auto tap has a pid for tcc duty cycle, is this the pid i should be looking at

Displays 0%-100%. This parameter is the commanded percentage of ON time of the TCC PWM solenoid. 90% represents an ON (energized) commanded state. 0% represents an OFF (non-energized) commanded state.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Actually there should be two at least there is in the snapon scanner one for TCC enable which is th only one you would need to be concerned with and one for duty cycle which has to do with PWM which is not functional in your case.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

We can command lockup via HPTuners. I also work very close with a friend of mine that does all of our automatic trans, we utilize his snap-on scanner to make sure the computer is commanding lockup.

I have seen so many weird cases, especially with PCM stuff this year I never rule that out. I had one car's lockup completely stop working out of nowhere. We went through a bunch of things and on a whim I threw a backup PCM in, and bam, car started to lockup.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

im gonna keep an eye on this one because mines doing the same thing, but a weird thing happens intermittently. mine sticks in second gear was working fine before the last time it stuck in second think i might have a problem with a tps wire but i have no codes to speak of we maxed out the misfire table also so were pretty much in the same boat. keep us posted and if i figure out whats wrong with mine i'll post up.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Hmmm... so you can command lock up manually and still no RPM change?

g
Old 12-08-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttpmatt was just stating what they can do for me if i go to them and how they check for tcc apply/command.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:18 AM
FormerVendor

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

So where is your deal at so to speak. Have you made any headway?

g
Old 12-08-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

no, not yet. Its either something going on (family,christmas shopping) or shitty cold weather out that keeps me from check this out not to mention other things on my car that need to be fixed/replaced like snow tires, back shocks are shot and banging around which is more anoying at this point than no lock up..
Old 09-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Launching!

I know this is an old thread,But did he ever find out why his TC did not lock up...............Paul
Old 09-03-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

ha, no i didn't but im actually about to. The trans pan will come off and im going to swap the solenoid with a known good one and hope to get lucky cause if that doesnt fix it then either i got another bum converter or something else is wrong in the trans.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry I never replied either took my converter to a local converter shop and they cut it open and found the clutch had come apart.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Post up if you find out..................Paul

Quick Reply: Help. Converter wont lock...