Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e highway TC lockup...tunercat

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4l60e highway TC lockup...tunercat

Okay I have a 4l60e(2800 stall) that has been built up with stronger parts for the track..(was built 2 years ago or so by the last owner of it..at a shop of course)

Anyways I went on a trip to buy a Moser 12 bolt. I drove about 1 3/4 hour there (around 130 KPH..2600-2700 RPM)..was there about 10 minutes, then stopped for food for about 10 more minutes. Then I headed back home. We got about another hour or so of driving this time following a pack of cars doing up and down from 125-150kph(so around 2500-3000RPM)

We were just about to pull of and I slowed down then back up and noticed the RPMS were like 3500 and i could come off the gas and back on and it would slip up to 3500ish rpm.

So went we stop and pull of I check the fluid and it is full but has a tan colour. So we waited a bit I left the fans running and on we went.
I drove the rest of the way at about 2000 rpm for about 15 min, then around a town for about 30 min, then back on another highway for around 20 min, then back home with NO issues.

Now I checked out my tune (tunercat) and the stall wasnt locking until 93MPH at 43% throttle in Cruise Mode.

I changed the tables lower to what my friends T/A is and will try that out.

But what Im asking is, is the cruise mode for cruise control or is this like a constant RPM driving mode) My car doesnt have cruise hooked up.

I plan on doing some vacationing next year and dont wanna run into trouble.

If I were to change my hot mode engage/diengage.....normal mode engage/disengage...and cruise mode engage/disengage would these effect my performance or is the only performance part of it the WOT engage/disengage.

And if I want to do highway driving what should I change it to lockup at....usually I do 110-120 KPH driving so I would want it to lockup lets say at 100PKH (62MPH)

Went I get home I will try to get the charts off my laptop so I can post them up.

Thanks

Jay

Last edited by jay_rich; 11-26-2007 at 05:48 PM.