Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12bolt installed now a slight tranny whine M6 under accel

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 12bolt installed now a slight tranny whine M6 under accel

OK a friend and I installed a used Moser 12bolt. The rear itself has 3.73 gears. The rear has a hum to a slight whine a bit, but that is kind of expected from what i hear. My main concern is I notice a whine noise coming from the tranny especially in 5th and 6th gear. Its only when I give it a lil gas. It goes away while drifting along when i take my foot off the gas. Soon as I touch the gas it whines.

Gonna recheck the driveshaft to make sure its not binding up tomorrow hopefully. I only checked clearances while the rear was hanging. Should've rejacked the car up bye the rear to make sure the driveshaft wasn't binding up or anything. It may be some noise or something coming from the rear dunno. Please help me find this to get the car ready for popping wheelies in the parking lot with the tool box in the back!!! Oh the tranny has like 10K miles on it new from GM and it never made any noises before the install!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: 12bolt installed now a slight tranny whine M6 under accel

OK just went out and checked the driveshaft to see if it was mashed into the back of the trans while supported bye jackstands under the rear. SOooo its like 3in away from being jammed in the trans. I took it out of gear and I could roll the driveshaft freely with my hand, soo i guess there's no binding there. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Banned

Welcome to the world of Moser Engineering. You can't have your cake and eat it too. My advice is to get used to it and to keep it to a minimum replace your fluid after a few hundred miles and use 2 bottles of posi additive. Total of 2.5 quarts with 75W90 gear oil.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:27 AM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You check the pinion angle right?