Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

was taking the bellhousing off and stripped a bolt

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default was taking the bellhousing off and stripped a bolt

like a retard, had the correct t-50 on there, just had trans fluid on my hands, slipped off the bar, consquently the t50 jumped off the bolt at the same time and messed it up. i split my knuckle wide open as well.. dammit i need this bellhousing to go on the new trans.. easiest way to get it off? i dont really want to damage the bellhousing and as much work as ive done on the car ive never stripped a bolt before
Old 12-24-2007, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

If you have a wielder Just tack weild a bolt to the striped bolt . If you need Ill send you another bolt

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-24-2007, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by performabuilt
If you have a wielder Just tack weild a bolt to the striped bolt . If you need Ill send you another bolt
no dad took welder to lousianna im in southcarolina lol... i can get the bolts no need to worry, may have to visit my uncle at the local dealership and see if there is a spare bellhousing laying around lol
Old 12-24-2007, 01:04 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The proper torx socket is a T50 plus. A normal t50 will result in a striped out head in many cases. Normally when I get one stripped out I will use an air chisel to knock them loose. Then spin them out by had or stick a flat blade in there to remove it the rest of the way. Maybe your uncle can help you out as far as the removal or to get you a new bell. Good luck. Vince
Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

me and my new awesome expensive power drill went to work, we almost got one of the 4 out... some "dumbass" otherwise known as myself used a impact to put them in and i must have screwed a few of them up... so i stripped 4.. basically im drilling thru the head of the bolt and when that pops off, so will the bellhousing, i dont care about the other end, just need the bellhousing.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did the same thing on my friends trans. He didnt need the trans so i just took a sawz all to the tranny and cut as close as i could to the bellhousing just cutting the bolt and the threads on the tranny then started at it with a hammer and it came off lol lots of fun
Old 12-27-2007, 10:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
me and my new awesome expensive power drill went to work, we almost got one of the 4 out... some "dumbass" otherwise known as myself used a impact to put them in and i must have screwed a few of them up... so i stripped 4.. basically im drilling thru the head of the bolt and when that pops off, so will the bellhousing, i dont care about the other end, just need the bellhousing.
Now you dont even need the bell or the bolts theres one coming with the trans

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-28-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks man. When we were pulling off my stock converter, we rounded one of the bolts out and it was no fun chore coming up with different ways to get that last bolt off in that tight little spot. We eventually got mad enough and 4 sawzaw blades later my TC was off. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

all of my bellhousing bolts came off pretty easy but some are just a pain in the *** to get to...the real pain in the *** was disconnecting my torque converter from the flywheel seeing as how mine had allen keys instad of bolts....i twisted an allen wrench so easy rofl so i have to get a socket that had the allen key in it with an impact and no problem. Oh and disconnecting the trans fluid lines from the tranny...ive never seen lines that have the little clip that hold them in...(i was into hondas forever so this is new to me) LOL GOOD LUCK BRO!

Quick Reply: was taking the bellhousing off and stripped a bolt