Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help on an engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help on an engine swap

Hi im doing an engine swap on my 1994 Camaro, it has a 3.4L SFI V6 engine in it right now. I want to put an Z28 engine in it but I am having trouble finding out what will need to be replaced. I also am having figuring out which engine is the Z28 engine and will fit in my Camaro, the LS1 engine or the LT1 engine, please help me out!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:57 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You would have the lt1 engine for that year. An ls1 is possible for the conversion but will be more involved I believe. The main issue I see for you with going to a V8 is that your trans has the wrong bell housing. I myself would find a donor motor and trans out of a vehicle for that era and get everything that you might need. Vince
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Are there any previous or later year models that I can take the engine and trans out of and will fit into my camaro without having to replace too much. From what i have heard i should be able to just drop the LT1 engine right in and and not have to replace the motor mounts, just the trans (as you have said), ecu, some sensors and possibly the wiring harness if I and they are correct.