Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with trans guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with trans guys

i know it doesnt say anything about 4l65e transmissions in this section, but i have an 03 silverado with one in it and i just got it built with one of the z packs in it. it shifts firm 1-2 but on the 2-3 shift it flashes then goes into 3rd. nothing wrong with any of the gears just the shift from 2-3. if its not under a load like driving slow in a neighborhood it does fine, but under load it will flash about 1k rpm then shift fine on into 3rd..i have no knowledge on tranmissions. my trans guy told me if it didnt clear up in a week to bring it back but he lives 2.5 hrs away and i dont have the time to take it back or anything else to drive..just wanna know if i have anything to worry about as far as it breaking something else or how to fix the problem.ive been just letting up on the gas a tad and it shifts okay..any help would be appreciated and hope im not posting in the wrong place
Old 12-31-2007, 08:31 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

No you posted i the right place there could be several reasons why this is occuring, You could have a leak i the 3-4 clutch circuit when the shift does ocur after the rev is it solid?
You caould have excessive 3-4 clutch clearance. basically the band for 2nd gets released before the 3-4 clutch can come on this causes the trans to go back to 1st momentarily.
You could havealine presure issue also.
You will likley need to take it back to him and you will cause 3-4 clutch failure if you continue to drive it like this, I doubt very much this will clear up on its own I would get it back to him ASAP,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From your description of the symptoms it would appear that your unit has burnt the 3/4 clutches... or at least they are damaged to some extend. Definately consider taking back to your builder.

Dang the luck.

g
Old 12-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all gear work great its just like it hits neutral for just a sec before third..def gonna take it back..hes a good guy though so hell fix it