TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well hows she runnin?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by heymoej
well hows she runnin?
Good enough to sell! J/K (saving up for a 4x4) The shifts are nice and smooth. When you floor it, then it just takes off. The temp never goes past 160.

Anyone have a 1985 toyota extra cab 4x4 22re for sale or trade?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
Good enough to sell! J/K (saving up for a 4x4) The shifts are nice and smooth. When you floor it, then it just takes off. The temp never goes past 160.

Anyone have a 1985 toyota extra cab 4x4 22re for sale or trade?
glad to hear..............................
Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
Let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to read this thread. My car is a 1998 Z28 with the SS package. Mike in Pomona rebuilt my transmission on August of '07. I heard alot of good stuff, so I went with the hype. Its under warranty for a year. It is my daily driver & only has bolt-ons and exhaust. I got a 2000 stall installed with a autometer temp gauge and a huge B&M trans cooler. I like the factory stall & I never race my car. He told me it would be bullet proof.

Will...this Saturday my transmission bit the bullet. I was going North on the 14 heading to Palmdale to visit my girlfriend. I was a mile away from the Ave. S exit when I lost my gears. I hit my emergency lights & almost got rear ended twice. I went from 75 mph to 50, 45, & 40 when I made it to the exit. Now my car is parked in front of her house. The temp. on the gauge was at 160 when this happened. I left her the keys to my car so she could warm it up every other day. My car can hit 15 mph max and does have reverse. She drove me to my apartment in the San Fernando Valley in her Honda Civic. My transmission has only 3,201 miles since the rebuild. She told me I should get a honda or toyota. I got LOL!

Well, I called Mike this Monday & told him my problem. He said to bring it over, I said how? He asked me where my car was, I said Palmdale, he said $hit. LOL! He is a good guy, but I paid good money. He told me he has no tow truck & will call me when he finds one. I would have done it myself, but my insurance company only covers 8 miles with a tow truck. Should I feel guilty for asking Mike for a tow truck? I have no friends with a truck so I can't rent a u-haul car hauler. Well, I do have a friend with a truck, but its a V6 Tundra. I don't want to ruin his trucks tranny too. I can't go to work & I only have one car. Talk about starting a New Year in a bad way. I spent my money on Christmas gifts & now I have no way to tow my car to Mike's shop.

If any of you reading this have any idea's that could help, please shoot away. I hope fellow LS1 members can learn something from my problem. Take care fellow LS1 members & Happy New Years again. Your friend Sam.

all i know your car looks sweet as hell