Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sould it shift so hard going into second at low speeds?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by chargedvx6
What different quality does the red spring give opposed to the white one on the 2nd accumulator bushing Vince? I am about to take the valve body out to apply your recommendations to fix the abrupt 1-2 shift on my HD2-C. Considering I have the Fairbanks servos, if I remove all the shims on the 1-2 accumulator will this soften the cruising 1-2 much or will it just reduce performance at WOT shifts? I want it to spin more at WOT but bump less at cruise speeds. Possible?

Also, is it worth chamfering the manual valve ?( I have the revised type). Apols for the hi jack again Vinny but alot of people have the same queries.

How is your going now?
Removing the shims from the 1-2 accum and returning it to stock will have a large efect on the light throttle 1-2 shift while still retaining a very crosp 1-2 shift at WOT with that servo, This is how we set all our units up and we do use the fairbanks 1-2 servo . In fact I strongly suggest with the fairbanks servo you do not shim the accum since it will previde plenty of hold without them and actually at least to me become way to agressive at light throttle with the accum shimed.Perhaps even to the point of causig damage potentially.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 02-02-2008, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for ur feedback, I am taking it out next week, I will post the results. There seems to be alot of people on here asking these same questions so it all helps.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

If you don't mind post your findings in this thread also. I may eventually further modify mine to reduce part throttle bump so I would like to know your findings

Oh yeah hijack all you want the info is good.

Vinny
Old 02-02-2008, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

That's the way I like it Will do