Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS Converter Users Come Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: TCS Converter Users Come Inside

Don't worry, you're not alone in the converter shopping market. I talked to Derek on Monday and we walked through everything in my car and the goals for the year. The customer support was great and he really is interested in spending as much time as you need to get the TC that will meet your goals.

We agreed on the TCS Phoenix with a 4200 stall and the 2.7 STR. That's going in to replace my well excercised SY-3500 that been in my car since the 500 mile mark. AT 28000 miles, the SY-3500 has surpassed it's goals and is now holding me back because she is just getting overpowered.

Again, this a daily driver on the highway and in the city with ORPs. So the loadness in the neighborhood is simply a mater of using a people friendly foot. I figure about 1 to 1.5 MPG hit over the SY-3500 in the City. The Highway change will probably be about .5 MPG as they are pretty close in efficieny and once you're lockedup, it just doesn't matter.

If all goes well she might even be in the car for next weekend's racing up here at the CamaroZ8.Com Nationals. With two days of racing I should be able to figure out what she's got to give me.

Rick