Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS Converter Users Come Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCS Converter Users Come Inside

What do you think of your TCS converters? What stall and STR do you have? How much of an improvement over your previous converter?
Old 07-11-2003, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: TCS Converter Users Come Inside

I actullay just got my car from the installer. I was going to get a tcs, but after reading up, I chose the tcs. Wow, what a difference from stock. I got a 3000 stall w/ 2.5str and 98% effiency, and I have the basic bolt-ons. Derek was great to deal with, very helpful. Derek will set up the converter for you anyway you like. Great quality, unbelievable service.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

I'm waiting for my TCS converter I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I actually bought a Vigilante 3200 originally, and ended up selling it to a friend who has a 99 Z28 with the exact same mods as mine. He got .3 off his quarter mile times with it. I decided to get a TCS with a 3200/2.5STR combo instead because I wanted a converter that would hit pretty hard when on-the-fly. Plus, I found out that the Vig 3200 is actually more like a 3600. TCS also offers a better warranty and allows you more restalls. Derek will also customise it to your specs aswell - depending on what you're trying to achieve. Their customer service is also top-notch - another reason I decided to switch.
I'm lucky I had a taker on my Vigilante. I haven't got my converter yet, but from what I've heard and have been told, this converter will be "kick-***". I can't wait!

Just my 2 cents, but a tranny cooler and a TransGo shift kit will go hand-in-hand with any high-stall converter.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

What did you end up getting mitch? I think you will be very happy with a TCS converter
Old 07-12-2003, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

I ordered the TCS 4200 2.7 STR with 98% efficiency, this is the converter that Derek recommended. Derek said he can build it tight or sort of loose. I might change my order to a tight 4400 for better driveability on the street. What do you think?
Old 07-12-2003, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

shes nice whens shes tight
Old 07-13-2003, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

I ordered the TCS 4200 2.7 STR with 98% efficiency, this is the converter that Derek recommended. Derek said he can build it tight or sort of loose. I might change my order to a tight 4400 for better driveability on the street. What do you think?

LOL i had a feeling derek would set you up with that converter Be ready for it because it is a beast! I think the looseness between the 4200-4400 is hardly noticeable. The 4200/2.7str should get you in the low 1.5 60fts. this fall without a boubt,as long as the track hooks. That converter likes to leave anywhere from 2500-2800rpms off the launch and tire preassure,depending on track prep,should be set from 14-16psi. Hope you like it because i know i did.

My new converter should be here in the next week and i'll post how it does at the track,so keep your eyes open because you may want to change the converter up to this one later down the road.

Scott
Old 07-13-2003, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Scott, you are right, Derek told me it was a beast. Good luck with your new 4400.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Easy on the space bar killer
Old 07-14-2003, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a TCS 4400 2.7 STR in my Hawk. I have only run it a couple of times , but from what I can tell it is awesome. I used it for my dd for 3 or 4 weeks before my motor went. I gained a little on the track, but gained tons in streetability. It seems like a winner for me.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

I gained a little on the track, but gained tons in streetability.
When you say you gained little at the track, what exactly do you mean? Over a previous converter or over stock? ET & 60'?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lynda get rid of that vig and get the TCS get one with a high efficiency.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Teching In

WHats up Mitch I have a 4000 stall with a 3.5 str 98 % eff and I love it man this thing pulls harder than my TCI hands down I havent had it to the track yet b/c it went in the car yesterday i have a few bolt ons. Streetstalkerz is one of my good buddies here in t town and he got me to get a TCS and i Love it My TCI would only get 1.71 60ft i am hopen for low 1.6 or high 1.5's man good luck
Old 07-15-2003, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow is that a typo or do you really have a 3.5 str? I didnt think that is even possible, or even a good idea.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Lynda get rid of that vig and get the TCS get one with a high efficiency.
Ironic you should say that. I have had a TCS 4200 in my car for almost a month now but have some stuff going on with all that right now so haven't really talked much about it. But that was the only problem with my Vig was the low efficiency. It was an AWESOME converter as you can see from my sig
Old 07-16-2003, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Wow is that a typo or do you really have a 3.5 str? I didnt think that is even possible, or even a good idea.
Yes that is correct! He wanted to hit hard off the line but did not want the looseness so it seems to me that derek gave him the best of both worlds,tight 4000 with a hard hitting 3.5str. I'll have the TCS 4400 with a 3.0str in my car next week and heading to the track! This 4400 will be the first of it's kind but i can't specify what until derek clears me to All i can say is it is going to hit HARD with my 4.10s and ET Drags
Old 07-16-2003, 10:47 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a TCS 4200 in my car for almost a month now but have some stuff going on with all that right now so haven't really talked much about it.
I see that you had a lot to say about their great customer service, I now know you own one. Why havent you said much about the converters themselves? From the quote above, what kind of stuff has been going on that would get in the way from talking about it? Are you having problems with the converter? Any track times with it? Do you think it was too big of a step up from a 3600? Thanks

Old 07-16-2003, 01:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I have had a TCS 4200 in my car for almost a month now but have some stuff going on with all that right now so haven't really talked much about it.
I see that you had a lot to say about their great customer service, I now know you own one. Why havent you said much about the converters themselves? From the quote above, what kind of stuff has been going on that would get in the way from talking about it? Are you having problems with the converter? Any track times with it? Do you think it was too big of a step up from a 3600? Thanks

no the converter is great, just have not had time to get other issues with car figured out so car is not up to par at this time. i will post alot more about it once car is ready to go.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:40 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheww...what a relief!! I thought you were having problems with the converter! Im so ready to order mine which Im about to when I figure out what all I want it in. I was getting scared that you were going to say something bad about it. I see that you had a Vig. 3600, why did you jump up so much to a 4200? Do you think its too much? Is your car a daily driver? What kind of gas mileage do you get? How much did the new converter make a difference? Any track improvements? Thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 08:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Wheww...what a relief!! I thought you were having problems with the converter! Im so ready to order mine which Im about to when I figure out what all I want it in. I was getting scared that you were going to say something bad about it. I see that you had a Vig. 3600, why did you jump up so much to a 4200? Do you think its too much? Is your car a daily driver? What kind of gas mileage do you get? How much did the new converter make a difference? Any track improvements? Thanks
Yes my car is a daily driver, but it only has 8k miles on it right now. I am a stay at home mom so I just do driving around town a few times a week and have been on a few long distance trips with it. Baiscly I want to get the most out of the car staying stock internal. I am getting my car setup to run in the Street Stock Automatic class at the Thunder event later this year. I haven't really calculated the gas milage with the 4200 yet, but I got over 20mpg when I drove to the thunder shootout last year with the the 3600 in the car. Since I don't do a whole lot of driving gas milage is not really that much of an issue with me. But the one thing about going TCS is you just tell Derek what mods you have, your goals for the car, and what you want/expect out of it and he can custom build one just for your car. He can set stall, str, shift extentions, ect. And for the Pheonix Pro series you pay close to the same amount you would for a Vigilante, which is much less than a Yank. So really you can't go wrong. And who can say no to unlimited restalls, awesome customer service, and a 3-year warranty? Good luck with what you choose, and I'm sure I will see you out and about some time in the future.