Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FMVB on street?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FMVB 80e daily driven with no lockup currently. I love it besides the nonlockup. It can def. be made to lockup I just havent got around to it. Could someone elaborate on the switch to control lockup yourself? I would like to look into that.
As far as putting it in neutral to cruise-no, I don't think I've done that. If I'm going around 35mph or so I throw it in OD and she coasts for a while.
Downshifting took some getting used to me when deaccelerating. You have to give it a tiny bit of throttle or it feels really rough, once I learned how to feather it just right everything went smoothly though.
When I stomp it from a standstill I just stomp it. The car still stalls right up to the stall speed I have and when I upshift it still maintains that stall speed. The shifts are INSANELY fast. I did not think it was actually shifting from 1-2 and 2-3 at first because I was shifting it at my stall speed and you could not even hear a difference.
I cannot control the firmness at all. Everything is the same all the time, but, I do not mind it. I think that it is TCI that has an on the fly programmer to allow you to have different settings for the trans for the street and track etc.
Like I said I daily drive mine, I love it. I have a very different idea of what a daily driver should be but with a spool and 4.10s looks like you do too. BTW I think 410s would be fine , it is a great excuse to run a ridiculous cam.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only thing for the lock up is to install a toggle switch. Give the solenoid a constant key on voltage supply that is fused properly. Then simply install the switch on the ground side of the solenoid and your in!

Only thing I would add to your comments is the fact that there is a company called Compu Shift that manufactures a stand alone controller. And there are other like TCI. A simple Google search will produce the results one needs to help make an informed decision.

Thanks for the feedback on your experience with your 80E. The majority of the installs we have done have been in conjunction with a SpeerTech overlay harness and factory PCM O/P system change

g