Sponsored by:

Transgo HD2 install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 382ssz28
Wow!!
Thanks for that post. I was the one who gave the first smart *** remark. I'm not a professional, I'm a diy'er, but I guarantee I've built more transmissions than any other do it yourselfer on this site.
One reason this post got to me is the fact that there was no internet when I started, then years later while asking for advice in a forum no one would help.
I was the one who challenged a sponsor to do a write up, and I was specific as no phone calls or PM's, put it all on the board.

I don't see a complete write up yet even though someone said they'd do it. I don't blame Frank for not doing it, probably too busy.
I do wonder why though.

There is a big difference (IMO) between pro builders and do it yourselfers.
The pro's have long forgotten the problems you run into the first time you open a trans up.
I don't build enough to be able to do it without looking at a manual at least once. I double check things the pros breeze right through.

To the OP of this thread I'd say just go for it, thats what I did my first time (700R4) and it actually ran. But due to not inspecting hardparts and damaging a spring retainer it had to come out three times to get it right.
And I put a TransGo 2&3 kit in that, hammering the aluminum plugs in the seperator plate, what a pain.

Quick Reply: Transgo HD2 install?