Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rmvb and fmvb?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rmvb and fmvb?

ok whats the different between the two sorry for asking im not a trans man looking to do th400 swap.

thanks
Old 05-04-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full maual valve body means you have to shift it yourself, all the time, up and down. Whatever gear you put it in it stays in that gear until you shift it.
A reverse manual valve body just means instead of first being all the way back and you shifting forward, first is right after nuetral and you pull the shifter back towards you for second and third.
To me a RMVB just feels more natural in a drag racing situation. You pop the shifter back from nuetral and your in first gear, pull straight back for second, and again for third.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The question is, would you rather pull to shift or push to shift? If I were to get a manual valve body, I'd have to go with a forward manual valve body. I like pushing the gears up, not pulling them down. I like the shifter starting near me and pushing up as I need each gear. Hell, I do that every once in a while on the stock tranny It's just so much more fun and the shifts are a lot firmer shifting it manually.

Quick Reply: rmvb and fmvb?