Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucas ATF Additive

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008 | 10:17 PM
Launching!

Default Lucas ATF Additive

Well, turns out my trans is on its way out. The fluid is brown and smells like ***. It is not yet to the point where it slips bad, but I can feel sloppiness. So, I was thinking about using a bottle of Lucas trans fix additive. I used the same stuff on one of my previous cars and it stopped the trans from slipping horribly for a few years. I am hoping that this stuff can postpone my tranny from going out for at least a month or so before I can decide to rebuild it or do a th350 swap. Any one out there use this stuff? Any input? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2008 | 12:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
15 Year Member

I have heard it does amazing things but I have never used it , I know that several seal swelling products are out there that can sometimes give and old trans a new life for a short while. I have building units that have had it in them though many times you have to literally scrap the rubber seals out of the pistons.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-08-2008 | 07:23 AM
Launching!

Got the trans fluid changed and added a bottle of Lucas, now the trans is trouble free. The surprising thing was that there was not a lot of metal shaving in the fluid. Either that means that the fluid was changed regularly, or my 100k mile trans is still in good shape. Either way, a trans change will be done somewhere down the line, thank God its not right now though lol.

Quick Reply: Lucas ATF Additive