Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e runs hot and slipping in OD

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4l60e runs hot and slipping in OD

here's the deal. I have a lvl 2 performabuilt trans and 3600 fuddle stall. Both installed about a year ago. The trans has run right around 195 degrees and I cant get it to run any cooler, I have an after market cooler the I recently mounted dope style, that didnt help. Going to try a B&M sooner. What else should I be looking at? Car has shifted great until recently. Most started when I changed tires from BFG to ET street radials. when car is in OD and I give it a little throttle the TC shudders and recently noticed that when lock-up is commanded I get up to 250 slip at times. Seems to slip more the hotter the fluid gets. The trans is not slipping the best I can tell. I put the car in third gear and when converter is locked the trans shaft input/output speeds are identical and doing some math the shaft speeds seem correct through all other gears. Has the converter crapped out or just the OD clutches? is it ok to drive the car like this or will it hurt the trans?

the last few mintures of the log show the TC slippage if it helps any

thanks in advance for the help

Last edited by thebulgd; 06-15-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like the converter clutch is slipping based in the shutter you mention on lockup, Give me a call when you have time we can check over a few things, And yes if the converter clutch fails and you let it go to far you can damage the trans.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for all the help, will let you know how that goes.

Quick Reply: 4l60e runs hot and slipping in OD