Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission shifting early still

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Transmission shifting early still

Well my transmission is still shifting early off the line. I tried a number of things. I tried messing with the TPS percentage as recommended. I lowered the MPH so it would shift off the RPM shift point set. It is still shifting from 1st to 2nd too early or to 3rd too early and boggs the motor out. I have been shifting it manually at the track and it runs great. I would like to get it to work in D and let it do the shifting to be more consistant and have less to worry about off the line.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

black00ssFL
12 Second Club

Trader Rating: 3

Just an update for anyone searching and having the same problem. Ended up being a TPS tuning problem. The KPA at idle was well over the 60 needed to trip the code for a tps error because of running the MS4 cam. Changed the Error to 70 and has been running great since! Thanks for all the help! I think i know who I'll be going to when the stock tranny goes!

(This is what you said you have allready done. but its all I can find also i read somewhere about MAF setting causing similar issues after a cam head swap )

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, i will have the tuner take a look at this. I need to get up to a track near him and make a run with his computer plugged in.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a thought. I had a similar problem to this and it almost drove me nuts. My Dad was looking one day and wanted me to press the gas from inside the car. Come to find out, my throttle cable adjustment had slipped and to the floor inside the car wasn't opening all the way at the throttle body. Adjusted the cables and my shifting was spot on. Good luck and hope this helps!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the reply, i should have stated that i also went thru the cable issue also. I replaced the cable going to the TC/cruise box with a straight non-TC cable. I have an aeroforce guage that reads throttle position and it goes to 100 percent now. I also thought this was my problem initially.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck and hope you get it figured out.