Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans line

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans line

This might be a stupid question but here goes. I just replaced the radiator in my 02 Z/28 and the lower cooling line fitting is rusted to the line (the fitting ,nut, is rusted to the line and won't turn. Anyway, This hard line is crimped to a rubber hose. The line turns where the crimp is, so I did get the line off of the radioator. Now I am putting it back together, and naturally the fitting is still rusted to the line and I am worried that it will leak where the line is crimped to the rubber hose (where it was spinning). My question is can I cut the line and use regular hose clamps to fasten the line back together or will it leak due to the pressure?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by camarorat
This might be a stupid question but here goes. I just replaced the radiator in my 02 Z/28 and the lower cooling line fitting is rusted to the line (the fitting ,nut, is rusted to the line and won't turn. Anyway, This hard line is crimped to a rubber hose. The line turns where the crimp is, so I did get the line off of the radioator. Now I am putting it back together, and naturally the fitting is still rusted to the line and I am worried that it will leak where the line is crimped to the rubber hose (where it was spinning). My question is can I cut the line and use regular hose clamps to fasten the line back together or will it leak due to the pressure?
As long as you have a flare for the line to go over, it will be fine.